Lord Loss

Author: Darran Shan
Title: Lord Loss1
Series: Demonata (book 1)
Number of Pages: 240
Publication Date: 2005
Genre: Horror
Synopsis: "Grubbs Grady has stiff red hair and is a little big for his age, which means he can get into R-rated movies. He hates history and loves bacon, rats, and playing tricks on his squeamish older sister. When he opts out of a family weekend trip, he never guesses that he is about to take a terrifying journey into darkness. Hungry demons and howling werewolves haunt his waking nightmares... and threaten his life."


I know I have said this about a lot of the books that I have reviewed on my blog, but Lord Loss was an amazing read. It was so good that I read it in, like, three hours.
I like how Darran Shan didn't shy away from writing some pretty gruesome scenes for a YA book.
For the first part of the book I was curious on why there seemed to be so much emphasis placed on playing chess, and playing it good, but luckily it was cleared up pretty fast.
Character wise, Grubs was one of the more interesting characters that I have read about in awhile.
The funniest part of the book would have to be what happened in like the last couple of pages in the book. It totally cracked me up because I guessed what had actually happened.
For my part, I enjoy a book the most, when the main villain is truly disturbed and Lord Loss had one that was more than perfect for that roll.
My favorite part of the book would have to be the final showdown between Grubs and his Uncle against Lord Loss and his minions. It was one of the most interesting fights I've read in awhile. Why? Because it was just as much a psychological battle as a test of strength and fighting skill.
The only thing I didn’t like about the book would have to be how there a couple parts of the book that were just a little too easy to figure out. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you what they were because it would definitely give something away.
In the end Lord Loss was great read, but maybe a little too violent for younger teens. As soon as I get through my library books I plan on reading the second Demonata book.

Lord Loss earns 5 out of 5 pineapples.
Orchid 
_______________________________________________________________
1. Lord Loss is part of my personnal book collection and was received via a trade from Kelsey.

Comments

Popular Posts