The Giver

Author: Lois Lowry
Title: The Giver1
Series; The Giver (book 1)
Number of Pages: 190
Publication Date: 1993
Genre: Dystopian Fiction
Synopsis: "Twelve-year-old Jonas lives in a seemingly ideal world. Not until he is given his life assignment as the Receiver does he begin to understand the dark secrets behind this fragile community."

OMZ! If there ever was a book that everyone should read at least once in their life it would have to be The Giver.This was by far one of my favorite books that I read last year. So if you haven't already read it I highly recommend giving it a try.
Right now I am at a loss of how to explain what I liked about this book without giving away the whole story.
The uniformity of the world in which Jonas lived would have driven me crazy. It was very weird how each child’s birthday was celebrated on the same day and that they didn't get certain things (like wearing button on their jackets and having pockets and the big one getting a bike minus training wheels) until they were a certain age. Along with the naming.
I would definitely rank this as one of the weirdest books I have ever read, but I still enjoyed it a lot and cannot wait to read Gathering Blue (which I own). I'm keeping this review short in an attempt to not give something away to those who have yet to read The Giver. Hope those who haven’t had a chance to read it will give this wonderful book a shot. I also hope that this review made some kind of sense.

The Giver earns 5 out of 5 pineapples.
Orchid
________________________________________________________________________________
1. The Giver was borrowed from the library.

Comments

  1. I've heard so much about this book recently! I'm going to look for it this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts