In My Mailbox (31)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Borrowed:
Author: Marlene Perez
Title: Dead Is So Last Year1
Series: Dead Is (book 3)
Publication Date: 2009
Synopsis: "Something very strange starts happening in Nightshade the summer that the eldest Giordano sister, Rose, gets a job working at Dr. Franken's research laboratory. People are starting to see double. Doppelgängers of Nightshade residents are popping up all over town. Daisy, Rose and Poppy think it's a coincidence, until the rumors start that their father, who disappeared several years ago, has been spotted in town. Meanwhile, Daisy's beau, Ryan is spending all of his time training for football, and like the other guys on the team, he's grown enormous almost overnight. Samantha Devereux's boyfriend's neck has doubled in size since school ended. Could the football players be resorting to extreme measures to win? Between summer jobs, sugar rushes, and beach parties, the Giordano girls get to the bottom of these mysteries and more."

Library:
Author: Anne McCaffrey
Title: Dragonsinger2
Series: Harper Hall (book 2)
Publication Date: 1977
Synopsis: "In the world of Pern, Harpers are regarded to be more powerful than kings, for the music they play can literally control the minds of others. For young Menolly, her dreams of becoming a Harper have nothing to do with power, but rather her love of music. Now she is finally living out her musical dreams as an apprentice Harper, but it's turning out to be more challenging than she thought. Formerly forbidden to study music because of her gender, Menolly quickly encounters hostility from a number of her male peers and masters. But she is not alone in her struggles. With the help of new friends, teachers, and her nine fire lizards, Menolly finds that her musical talents may prove more powerful than anyone could imagine."

Author: Anne McCaffrey
Title: Dragondrums3
Series: Harper Hall (book 3)
Publication Date: 1979
Synopsis: "In the world of Pern, Harpers with great musical ability are held in extreme regard. This is why the young, mischievous Piemur carries himself with so much pride, for he sings like an angel. But when his voice begins to change, Piemur loses all confidence and questions his role within Harper Hall. Incapable of singing, Piemur is sent on various errands by Masterharper Robinton, including the task of learning the complicated beats of the messenger drums. Piemur has no clue of the grand adventures that await him, and he'll need to find the courage within himself to survive."


Author: Alyson Noel
Title: Blue Moon4
Series: The Immortals (book 2)
Publication Date: 2009
Synopsis: "Alyson’s NoĂ«l’s bestselling Immortals series has been hailed as “addictive” “beautiful” “haunting” and “mesmerizing.” In the second installment, Ever can bring her family back from the dead—but only if she’s willing to sacrifice the guy she loves more than life itself. Just as Ever is learning everything she can about her new abilities as an immortal, initiated into the dark, seductive world by her beloved Damen, something terrible is happening to him. As Ever’s powers are increasing, Damen’s are fading—stricken by a mysterious illness that threatens his memory, his identity, his life."


Author: Neal Shusterman
Title: The Dark Side of Nowhere5
Publication Date: 1997
Synopsis: "Jason Miller feels trapped in the small town of Billington — where nothing ever happens. But when his friend Ethan dies of what the doctor calls a burst appendix, Jason's life changes forever. First he is given a mysterious
glove that can shoot pellets with deadly force. Then he learns that the monthly shots he gets from the friendly town doctor are not for his health but for a far more sinister purpose. As he peels away layer after layer of the lies he's been told, Jason comes to learn of his own true nature."

I'd like to thank Dahlia for lending me her copy of Dead Is So Last Year. Thanks Dahlia.
As for the rest of the books I borrowed them all from the library. This weeks library books are as follows: Dragonsinger and Dragondrums by Anne McCaffrey both of which I have read before, just not in quite awhile. Sadly though the second and third books came in before the first book in the Harper Hall trilogy; Blue Moon by Alyson Noel Which I've been meaning to read since I read Evermore; Along with the Dark Side of Nowhere by Neal Shusterman which I have already read once before.
Well that's all the books that I got this week, can't wait to see what everyone else got. :)

_______________________________________________
1. Dead Is So Last Year was borrowed from Dahlia.
2. Dragonsinger was borrowed from the library.
3. Dragondrums was borrowed from the library
4. Blue Moon was also borrowed from the library.
5. The Dark Side of Nowhere was also borrowed from the library.

Comments

  1. Ooooh I love Alyson Noel's work...all those books look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there!
    I am from the Saturday Network =) I see a bunch of good book in your mailbox this week and I think Anne McCaffrey's books look very nice! And btw, since you're reading New Moon, I'm sure you've read Evermore before. Do you think this series worth a try?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mailbox! Thought I must warn you, Blue Moon is a total copy of New Moon (from Twilight)! I hateddd it, but it might not be so bad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for participating in The Saturday Network!
    And, I'm with Kirthi that I really didn't like Blue Moon. Hope you enjoy it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shy: Evermore was okay, but not the best book I have ever read. It's kind of hard to say if it would be worth your time to read it. Sorry if that's not very helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books you got this week. I quite liked Dead is so Last Year. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wondered about reading an Anne McCaffrey book, they sound really good. Looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series. These two juveniles were also very good. I share the opinion of some of the other posters. I was disappointed in the Alyson Noel books. Of course, that hasn't stopped me from buying each one. I just keep hoping they will get better.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many good reads in your mailbox this week! Wow... I am drooling over covers!s

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all look like really good reads! I hope you enjoy them! :)

    I have a contest running on my blog right now for the book Break by Hannah Moskowitz. Feel free to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had a great haul this week. My friend adores Anne McCaffrey and I have always wanted to read her books. Now I have to look into some more.

    I am intersted to see what you will think of Blue Moon

    Enjoy your reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you've got loads of great books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look good, I've never seen the McCaffrey books before, will have to check those out :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look good -- I am especially intrigued by the Anne McCaffrey books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These all look fabulous! My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting blog and beautiful visuals, some MUST READS listed too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts