In My Mailbox (27)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Books I got for my birthday:
Author: L.J. Smith
Title: Night World, vol 2: Dark Angel, The Chosen, and Soulmate1
Series: Night World (book 4-6)
Publication Date: 2008
Synopsis: "In Dark Angel, Gillian is saved from drowning by her guardian angel. Only visible to Gillian, Angel will fulfill her heart's every desire. But when Angel starts making strange and sinister requests, Gillian must question who he truly is and where he came from.



Armed with a wooden stake, martial arts, and the will to resist a vampire's mind control, Rashel struggles to avenge her mother's death in The Chosen. Then she meets Quinn, her soulmate, who is part of the world she has vowed to destroy.


Hannah receives notes warning her of incredible danger in Soulmate. But if death is her destiny, is the Lord of the Night World's love strong enough to save her?"


Author: L.J. Smith
Title: Night World, vol 3: Huntress, Black Dawn, and Witchlight2
Series: Night World (book 7-9)
Publication Date: 2009
Synopsis: "The apocalypse is drawing near. But four Wild Powers can save the world from the impending doom. Circle Daybreak, an underground organization with both Night World and human members, is searching for the four who can stop the darkness.



A vampire hunter — who is half vampire — stalks her own kind to protect humans in Huntress.


In Black Dawn, Maggie stumbles upon an old Night World kingdom where the ruling vampire prince is both an enemy and an ally.


And Circle Daybreak hires Keller, a shapeshifting panther, to guard a new Wild Power in Witchlight. But when Keller falls in love with the Wild Power's soulmate, her love could destroy everything...."

Bought:

Author: Robin Mckinley
Title: Sunshine3
Publication Date: 2003
Synopsis: "There hadn't been any trouble out at the lake for years, and Sunshine just needed a spot where she could be alone with her thoughts. Vampires never entered her mind. Until they found her."
Author: Joan Lowery Nixon
Title: Secret, Silent Screams4
Publication Date: 1989
Synopsis: "Is Barry's death the latest tragedy in a string of suicides at Farrington Park High School? Or is it murder? Marti is sure her friend Barry didn't take his own life, but no one will believe her except Police Officer Prescott. But opening an investigation takes time, and Marti is determined to find her friend's killer soon. Because even now he could be planning his next crime...."


Author: Agatha Christie
Title: Dead Man's Mirror5
Series: Hercule Poirot
Publication Date: 1937
Synopsis: "Poirot arrives for dinner at the country estate of the imperious Sir Gervase Chevenix-Gore to find his host in his study, shot dead. The room is locked, making it appear a suicide, but Poirot is skeptical. When the will is read, the savvy sleuth’s suspicions are heightened."


Author: Robert Cormier
Title: Beyond the Chocolate War6
Series: The Chocolate War (book 2)
Publication Date: 1985
Synopsis: "The school year is almost at an end, and the chocolate sale is past history. But no one at Trinity School can forget The Chocolate War. Devious Archie Costello, commander of the secret school organizationcalled the Virgils, stall has some torturous assignments to hand out before he graduates. In spite of this pleasure, Archie is troubled by his right-hand man, Obie, who has started to move away from the Virgils. Luckily Archie knows his stooges will fix that. But won't Archie be shocked when he discovers the surprise Obie has waiting for him?"


My IMM for this week is kind of a special edition being that the first two books in my IMM were birthday gifts. I'd like to thank my family for getting me VOl 2 and 3 of the Night World series.
I must say that I am super excited about the four books that I picked up a thrift store for a grand total of two dollars. Which in my opinion is a total steal. Plus it means I am one book closer to completing my Agatha Christie collection. Another great thing I found the sequel to The Chocolate War which I loved, along with Sunshine and Secret, Silent Screams which happen to be written by two of my favorite authors.
Cannot wait to see what everyone else got this week in books. :)

Orchid
__________________________________________________________________________________
1. Night World, VOl 2- L.J. Smith was a birthday gift from my family.
2. Night World, VOL 3- L.J. Smith was also a birthday gift from my family.
3. Sunshine- Robin McKinley was purchased at a thrift store. I've already read and reviewed it, but couldn't pass up the chance to own it.
4. Secret, Silent Screams- Joan Lowery Nixon was also purchased at the thrift store. I'm so excited about finding it.
5. Dead Man's Mirror- Agatha Christie is also from the thrift store.
6. Beyond the Chocolate War- Robert Cormier was also picked up at the thrift store.

Comments

  1. I liked Secret, Silent Screams and the other books by Joan Lowry Nixon too. I read Sunshine and don't think that this was one of McKinley's best. Of course, I loved Beauty so much that any other book would have a hard time measuring up. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books! I've read the NW 2&3 books and they were pretty good. My favorites were Dark Angel and Black Dawn.

    Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-1-3-10.html

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I know what you mean. I'm too cheap to buy books that I can just get at the library unless I HAVE to have them. And great books! I love the Night World series, and that looks like an interesting book by Robin McKinley. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm....Sunshine looks like a good book.
    Here's what I got IMM

    http://thecajunbooklady.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts