Wish List Wednesday (53)

Whispers from the Dead by Joan Lowery Nixon, 1991. Published by Laurel Leaf.
Only Sarah senses the horror.
The minute she steps through the doorway of her family's new home, Sarah feels a smothering cold mist, and hears the echo of a scream and a heartbreaking whisper in Spanish, "Help me!"
Sarah feels compelled to find out who is trying to reach her. But can she uncover the mysteries of the past before terror strikes again?
Why: I've actually read this one before, but it has been a few years. What I do remember is that Whispers from the Dead just completely blew me away when I read it for the very first time, and I would love nothing better then to be able to re-read it whenever I wanted to.

Love*Com 1 (Lovely*Complex) by Aya Nakahara, 2007. Published by Viz Media (Shojo Beat).
Risa Koizumi is the tallest girl in class, and the last thing she wants is the humiliation of standing next to Atsushi Otoni, the shortest guy. Fate and the whole school have other ideas, and the two find themselves cast as the unwilling stars of a bizarre romantic comedy duo. Rather than bow to the inevitable, Risa and Atsushi join forces to pursue their true objects of affection. But in the quest for love, will their budding friendship become something more complex?
Why: Because this series is seriously funny, and I've only read the first four volumes of it.

Comments

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts