Vintage Reads: July Voting...Yes It's That Time Again

So my LYKY review for May will be up tomorrow. *gives Girl Scout promise* And to top it all off the winning book for this month has already been selected, on which you can see the results -> HERE. Trust me, the winner is one book that I am definitely looking forward to reading (thank you lovelies for choosing it by a unanimous vote).

I'm really liking putting together a theme each month and having ya'll choose, so I'm thinking that I'll continue on that path. *waits to make sure no one is going to say otherwise*
After much deliberation I have decided that the theme for July will be....children who discover a magical world, battle evil, and even save the day. Otherwise know as fantasy. Hope ya'll will enjoy the two options, which are more MG than YA.

The two books dueling it out for the right to be read/reviewed here on the blog for July are.....

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (The Chronicles of Narnia, 2) by C.S. Lewis, 1950. Published by HarperTrophy.

When Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy took their first steps into the world behind the magic wardrobe, little do they realise what adventures are about to unfold. And as the story of Narnia begins to unfold, so to does a classic tale that has enchanted readers of all ages for over half a century.
I love this book and have read it numerous times. Actually words cannot describe how much I love the whole series, it is just a remarkable series that I fall more in love with each time I read it. I got the whole series (my wish) as payment for loading itunes on my dad's in just 3 days (we have a ton of CDs).
and

The Secret Country (Secret Country, 1) by Pamela Dean, 1985. Published by Puffin.
For the past nine years, cousins Patrick, Ruth, Ellen, Ted, and Laura have played at "The Secret"-a game full of witches, unicorns, a magic ring and court intrigue. In The Secret, they can imagine anything into reality, and shape destiny. Then the unbelievable happens: by trick or by chance, they find themselves in the Secret Country, their made-up identities no...more For the past nine years, cousins Patrick, Ruth, Ellen, Ted, and Laura have played at "The Secret"-a game full of witches, unicorns, a magic ring and court intrigue. In The Secret, they can imagine anything into reality, and shape destiny. Then the unbelievable happens: by trick or by chance, they find themselves in the Secret Country, their made-up identities now real. They have arrived at the start of their game, with the Country on the edge of war. What was once exciting and wonderful now looms threateningly before them, and no one is sure how to stop it . . . or if they will ever get back home.
This just so happens to be another one of my all time favorites. I first stumbled upon it (years after it first came out) at the B&N when I lived in California, I devoured it in a matte of hours and couldn't sleep after reading it because I had to know what would happen next...and so I ensued with bugging my mom till she took me back to get the rest of the series.
 
Let the voting begin. As always, thank you for voting and taking part in Vintage Reads. Hope to see you back next month. Can you believe that I actually got this up so early in the month! Well Neither can I!
Having trouble seeing the form, you can fill it out HERE as well.
 

Comments

Popular Posts