In My Mailbox (92) Pretty, Shiny Covers

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.


Review:
Half-Blood ARC (A Covenant Novel, 1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout, September 15, 2011. Published by Spencer Hill Press.
To say I was surprised when Half-Blood arrived would be an understatement. It came in near the end of my mini vacation (I so meant to tweet about it, but alas I feel asleep before I could). I'm going to read it soon, but my review will not be up till closer to its release date. *runs around in joy over the shiny pretty now in hand*
Thank you to the lovelies at Spencer Hill Press for the review copy.

Bought:
The Young Unicorns (Austin Family, 4) by Madeleine L'Engle, 1968. Published by Laurel-Leaf Books. 
When I saw The Young Unicorns at the Used Bookstore, I knew that it would be the one that I was going to buy. Why, because I absolutely adore Madeleine L'Engle's writing (she's one of the authors were if I see a book by her that I don't own I but it right then and there) and this is one I haven't read before.
Gift:
Unfriended ARC (A Top 8 Novel, 3) by Katie Finn, July 2011. Published by Point.
I'd like to thank Steph of Steph Su Reads for the ARC of Unfriended. I'm hoping I'll be able to find the first two books so I can read it.
 
Gimme a Call by Sarah Mlynowski, 2011. Published by Ember.
So RandomBuzzers sent me a paperback copy of Gimme a Call, I had ordered and received the hardback, but they had run out and I guess just sent the paperback along as well. I've already passed it along to a good home. 
Library:
Soul Rescue 2 by Aya Kanno, 2002. Published by Tokyopop.
I guess it was miss labledon the libraries online catalogue because I ended up with the second volume instead of the first one.

Hayate: The Combat Butler 1 by Kenhjiro Hata, 2006. Published by Viz Media.
It sounds like a cute read.

This is late (for me at least), but yesterday I spent practically the whole day reading and being interrupted while reading.
So in short these are the books that I got over the last week and a half (forgot some last week). I'm really looking forward to starting on the ones that I haven't tackled yet and finishing the rest of last weeks books too.
I hope ya'll have had just as great of a week in books. :) 

Comments

  1. Thanks for Gimme A Call! It looks really good. Hey, maybe we can do a read-a-long thing with it, since we both have a copy now... though if I recall, we were going to do something like that with Firelight, and it still hasn't happened... Well, still something worth considering. =D

    Half-Blood sounds interesting, I might have to take your copy (or at least put it on my TBR list).

    Happy reading! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Young Unicorns sounds awesome.

    Also I like the paperback cover of Gimme A Call.

    Happy reading :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set! I should read more Madeline L'Engle. I didn't like her as a kid but I think I would now b/c I like fantasy more.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome IMM this week! I am definitely getting Gimme A Call! :)

    My IMM is here:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts