In My Mailbox (101) I Love This Number

In My Mailbox, inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie and hosted by Kristy of The Story Siren.Review:
Soul Mate by Kerry Mirza, 2011. Published by Tate Publishing.
Soul Mates sounds like a really interesting. Definitely looking forward to when it gets to the top of my review stack. Thanks to Ms. Mirza for the review copy.
Won:
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab *signed*, 2011. Published by Hyperion Books CH.
Oh My Gosh! I am absolutely excited about winning The Near Witch!!!! It sounds like a great book, plus I've heard so many people rave about it already.  

A big thanks to Nikki of Wicked Awesome Books.
Library:
Batman: Hush 2 by Jeph Loeb, Jim Lee and Scott Williams, 2004. Published by DC Comics.
Batman: Hush 2 was a great ending to the Hush story ARC. I'll try to have a review up for it in the next couple of weeks.
Alice 19th: Blindness 6  by Yuu Watase, 2004. Published by Viz Media. 
Loved this volume. Kinda of sad that the next one will bring the Alice 19th series to an end.
The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets (An Enola Holmes Mystery, 3) by Nancy Springer, 2008. Published by Philomel.
Such an interesting twist on the Sherlock Holmes world. Loved Enola, will definitely be looking to read the rest of her cases.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone *audiobook* (Harry Potter, 1) by J.K. Rowling read by Jim Dale, 1999. Published by Listening Library.
Why, has it taken me so long to try out the HP audio books. I am absolutely loving Jim Dale's reading of HP 1. So good.

The Patron Saint of Butterflies by Cecilia Galante, 2009 (originally published in 2008). Published by Bloomsbury USA.
I had checked The Patron saint of Butterflies out from the library on a whim, but ended up returning it unread. I'll probably try again at a later date, but I got home and just wasn't in the mood for it.

Well, I do believe that that is all for me this week in books. I hope ya'll have had a great week as well.
Also, there is still time to sign-up for the Inheritance Reading Challenge (Oct. 18-Nov. 8). Participants can also sign up to do a guest post for the challenge as well (details HERE).

Around the blog this week-

Comments

  1. AHHH!! Alice 19th! I've read that series like 3 times! I loveddd it! It is sad that there's only 7 though.. tons of Manga series are like 20 something volumes, I like those ones.

    Jess @ The Midnight Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh great haul! The near witch looks fantastic and I've been meaning to try the enola holmes series. Glad you like it! Happy reading!

    Here’s my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books! Happy reading!

    *new follower*
    Mandie
    http://enchantedpages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry Potter Audiobook should be interesting!

    Check out Em's IMM!
    Also check out our giveaway for Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Watase's work. I haven't had a chance to read her newest one from Viz yet, but "Ayashi no Ceres" is definitely on my all-time favorite list.

    Nice haul this week. :) My IMM for the week: http://witchoftheatregoing.wordpress.com/2011/08/21/in-my-mailbox-%e2%99%a1-week-24/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts