Vintage Reads: The Winning Male Protagonist Book for August Is...

It seems it's already the fourth of August and I haven't even announced the winning book for Vintage Reads for this month. Since I'm a few days behind and ya'll probably just want to know which book won, I'll keep this short sweet.

The winning Male Protagonist book for August is.....

The Recruit by Robert Muchamore by a landslide (okay, landslide is an exaggeration).
Here's why ya'll thought I should read it...along with why I should've read the ones that didn't win this time around.

The Recruit:

Shanan @ The Book Addict:
I haven't read this one yet, but it looks interesting to me.
I like how it sounds. I don't think it's like anything I've read before. So, I'm interested to see what you have to say about it.

Well, she forgot to say why I should read it. *shrugs*

Thieves Like Us:

Zombie Girrrl @ Crackin' Spines and Takin' Names:  
GB was one of the most original novels I've read. (She also voted in Going Bovine)
Sleeper Code:

Sleeper assassin?! What an intriguing concept...

I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to vote for this months read. Also to BJ and Alyssa for their kid words about Vintage Reads. =)
I'll have the next round up this weekend.

Since Vampires came in second on the pole September will have a vampiric theme. Which is lucky for ya'll because I just bought an old vampire book that I haven't read in ages, so that will be on the list as well as a few more off of my shelves.

Comments

  1. Awww thanks.... *blushes*

    I'm excited The Recruit won. If you like it, I'll have to move it up on my TBR.

    Now that I think about it, your Vintage Reads feature should be awesome for me. Since, they're 'older' books, then if I see something I like, I should be able to find it at the library. You're saving me money! Thanks! :-D

    Hope you enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts