In My Mailbox (91) I Am So Ready for a Read-a-Thon + News

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Bought (Used Bookstore):
Invincible (The Chronicles of Nick, 2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon, 2011. Published by St Martin's Griffin.
A BIG thank you goes out to Ren of All By MySHELF (go check out her lovely blog and tell her I said hi) for pointing this out to me when we were at the used bookstore. Usually I just go straight for where they keep they manga, and then go and see what YA titles they have. To say I am extremely excited about getting Invincible would be an understatement (I loved Infinity and read it in about 3 hours). 
Library (Local & Base):
Angelic Layer 2 by Clamp, 2002. Published by Tokyopop.
I really enjoyed the first volume of Angelic Layer (I thought it was a cute read). Since my library had the second volume I decided why not.
Alice 19th volume 1: The Lotis Master by Yu Watase, 2003. Published by Viz Media.
I've actually heard of this one, but have never had the chance to read it, so I'll let you know what I think when I do.
MeruPuri: The Marchen Prince 1 by Matsuri Hino, 2005. Published by Viz Media.
I've already and reviewed this one, but really want to re-read it, especially since I have the 3&4 volumes (I'll just cheat and go online to see what happened in the second one). See my review of it HERE.
Amazing Agent Luna 4 by Nunzio DeFilippis, 2007. Published by Seven Seas.
I really, really enjoyed the first three volumes and had to know what would happen next. You can see my thoughts on the omnibus of the first three volumes HERE as part of Manga Thursday.
Death Note 3: Hard Run by Tsugumi Ohba & Takeshi Obta, 2004. Published by Viz Media.
So far, Death Note is one of the few anime shows that I have seen from beginning to end, and it was one I really enjoyed. Which is why I'm slowly making my way through the manga volume (which are good).
Tail of the Moon 1 by Rinko Ueda, 2006. Published by Viz Media.
This one is completely new to me, so I'll be sure to let you know what I think of it.
Peach Girl 1 by Miwa Ueda, 1998. Published by Tokyopop.
I just picked this one up on a whim, so we'll see if it's a kepper or a dud. But I honestly haven't had to good of luck with manga that started in the 90s.
Skip Beat 2 by Yoshiki Nakamura, 2002. Published by Viz Media.
Did I tell you how much I enjoyed volume 1 of Skip Beat...I think I did HERE. I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of crazy Kiyoko has in store in this volume.
Yurara 1 by Chika Shiomi, 2003. Published by Viz Media.
This is another one I haven't heard about, it sounds interesting, but the verdict's still out on it.
Black Butler 1 by Yana Tobosco, 2007. Published by Yen Press.
Itunes had the first episode for free a while back and so I got got it (you know since it was free). I thought it was good, so when I saw it at the library I just went ahead and got it.

I am going to try and read every book in this week's IMM during the read-a-thon on June 4th. I am really looking forward to each and every one of these titles, and it has been so hard to resist reading them right this minute.
If you're interested in joining in go HERE.
Hope ya'll have had an awesome week in books! I'm hoping to spend tomorrow reading at the beach. *keeps fingers crossed that it doesn't rain*

This week my blog has hit a big milestone (for it at least) with the rolling of 300 AWEOSOME followers. So a big thank you to everyone (old & new followers) for dropping by my humble blog. Ya'll rock, and have made me so happy!

Other news on the blog:
You still have till the 30th to enter to win a copy of Cinderella: Ninja Warrior by Maureen McGowan (see post for details and to enter).
Check out author K.C. Blake's guest post on how her book Vampires Rule came to be, and you can also enter to win an ecopy of her book (ends June 9 open to everyone).
There's also still time to get your vote in on what I will read next month on Vintage Reads. Next month's theme is Spies/Mysteries (vote HERE).

Comments

  1. Aww Deathnote. I love it, i have a little crush on L (weird huh). I need to read the manga, only seen the films and anime.

    Amy@adumbrations

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all of the Alice 19th books, they're awesome! She looks a lot like Sakura doesn't she? :P

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Alice 19th back in high school and it was so so so good!!!!! Now I kind of feel like pulling out my copies and reading them again! I hope you enjoy it as much as I remember loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Manga's this week! Hope you enjoy them!

    New follower :)

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts