In My Mailbox (90) Some Squee Worthy Titles + News

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Won:
Blackveil (Green Rider, 4) by Kristin Britain, 2011. Published by DAW.
Oh my gosh!!! I have been waiting for Blackveil to come out since I finished The High King's Tomb in 2007. I cannot wait to read it, but it will have to wait until I get a chance to re-read the first three books. When it came in a pretty much squeed with delight. :)

A big thanks to Kathy of Ms. Martin Teaches Media.
Flip by Martyn Bedford, 2011. Published by Wendy Lamb Books.
I won Flip from one of RandomBuzzers many giveaways. I was quite surprised when it came in because I was expecting ti to be an ARC, so you can imagine my surprise when it was a finished copy. Can't wait to read it.
Library:
Amazing Agent Luna (Omnibus volume 1-3) by Nunzio DeFilippis, 2008. Published by Seven Seas.
I've already had a chance to read Amazing Agent Luna and it was so good. Look for my review as part of Manga Thursday this week.

Kitchen Princess 3 by Natsumi Ando, 2007. Published by Del Rey.
Kitchen Princess has to be one of my favorite mangas. I'm really bummed that my library doesn't have the fourth volume (I NEED the rest of this series).

The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, 1) by Rick Riordan, 2010. Published by Hyperion Books for Children.
I am very nearly done with reading The Red Pyramid and so far I am really enjoying it. I'm hoping to be done with it by time this goes up.

The Christie Caper (Death on Demand, 7) by Carolyn Hart, 1991. Published by Crimeline.
This was the first book of Carolyn Hart's that I have ever read and it was brilliant. I admit, the only reason I picked it up was because of the title (I love Agatha Christie's books).
Borrowed:
Beauty Pop 8 by Kiyoko Arai, 2008. Published by Viz Media.
Beauty Pop 9 by Kiyoko Arai, 2008. Published by Viz Media.
I've already finished both the 8&9 volumes and they were amazing.Although I'm kinda sad that there's only one volume left (whatever shall I do once it ends!)

The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 8 by Arina Tanemura, 2008. Published by Viz Media.
The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 9 by Arina Tanemura, 2008. Published by Viz Media.
Yep, I already read these also. This series has completely blown me away as well (and it too is almost over. I think it has two volumes).

Bought (via RandomBuzzers):
Gimme a Call *signed* by Sarah Mylnowski, 2010. Delacorte Books for Young Readers.
Okay, it took me about two months to earn enough buzz bucks to be able to get Gimme a Call. I'm pretty sure it will be well worth the time it took because I meant to only read the first page and ended up reading like twenty pages.

I do believe that this is all for me this week.
I pretty much zoomed through the majority of the books I got this week.

Other News:
I mentioned this on Twitter the other day, but I'll go ahead and add it here. Since I love reading manga, I have decided that every Thursday I will feature a manga review on my blog. Officially, I am calling it Manga Thursday. I hope ya'll will enjoy seeing my thoughts on the manga that I read (latest one can be seen HERE).

There's still time to enter to win a copy of Cinderella: Ninja Warrior by Maureen McGowan (enter HERE).
Voting for June's Vintage Reads book is now open and can be found HERE.


Comments

  1. Great books! :)

    Manga Thursday sounds like a cool feature. Looking forward to reading your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Blackveil looks awesome. Gonna have to find that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gentlemen Alliance is such a good manga :) I hope you enjoy your haul, happy reading XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mailbox! Love it when a book grabs you on the very first page and you can't put it down! Enjoy Gimme A Call!

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fab mailbox! They all seem great! Happy reading :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox

    Mia @ Gripped into Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waaah *sobs like a baby* I am SO jealous of you right now. Blackveil...! *sob*

    Ok I'm good now... Can't wait for you to do a review on Blackveil, I love this series (although I HATE the change in cover art :()

    Thanks for the great post! :)

    http://thebletheringbookworm.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Red Pyramid is very good, hope you enjoy it! And you've reminded me that I still need to finish The Gentlemen's Alliance manga series.

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only book I recognize is Rick Riordan's, lol. But I love him! He's such a great writer. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it very much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts