In My Mailbox (87) Two Weeks Worth of Books + Some I Forgot

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Library:
Hannah (Daughters of the Sea, 1) by Kathryn Lasky, 2009. Published by Scholastic.
Since I have the second book waiting to be read on my TBR I decided that it was high-time I checked out book one. I'm really excited about getting to read this series because it has been ages since I last read a book that had mermaids in it.

Bamboo Blade 2 by Masahiro Totsuka, 2009. Published by Yen Press.
I've already finished reading Bamboo Blade volume 2. It was good, but definitely not one of my all-time favorites.
Won:
Like Mandarin ARC by Kristen Hubbard, 2011. Published by Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers. 
Okay, so I read the first few pages of Like Mandarin, the writings really nice, but I just don't think this is the book for me. I won it from RandomBuzzers.

The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady by Elizabeth Stuckey-French, 2011. Published by DoubleDay.
 Okay, this one sounds like its going to be an incredibly funny read. Cannot wait to read it.

from The Lovelies at From the TBR Pile

Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings by Helene Boudreau, 2010. Published by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky.
Since I couldn't start it during Lent I lent it to Ren, who says its quite good. So I am now really looking forward to when it makes it to the top of my TBR.

The Book of Trees ARC by Leanne Lieberman, 2010. Published by Orca.
This book was a surprise when I got Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings. I've read the first page (or so) and cannot wait to read the rest of it.
.
From Mevurah of Heart of Books.

Review:
The Fallen Star (The Fallen Star, 1) by Jessica Sorensen, 2011.
The Fallen Star looks really good, so I'm excited about getting to read it (which will be as soon as I get through a couple of other books). Thanks to Jessica Sorensen for the copy for review.

Borrowed:
Beauty Pop 4 by Kyoko Arai, 2007. Published by Viz Media.
Beauty Pop 5 by Kyoko Arai, 2007. Published by Viz Media. 
I've already had the chance to read both volumes 4 & 5 of Beauty Pop and they were just as enjoyable as the previous ones. I cannot wait to see how the series will play out. I'm definitely going to add this to my list of mangas that I'd like to own.
The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 4 by Arina Tanemura, 2007. Published by Tokyopop.

The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 5 by Arina Tanemura, 2008. Published by Tokyopop.
I really like this series, but some times it can be a bit confusing at times. Really looking forward to reading more of it though.
Bought:
MeruPuri 3 by Matsuri Hino, 2004. Published by Viz Media.

MeruPuri 4 by Matsuri Hino, 2004. Published by Viz Media.
I really (and I mean really) wish I had the first two volumes of MeruPeri. I've already read the first one when I borrowed it from the library last year, so when I saw two more volumes at the used bookstore I just had to have them.

Dramacon 1 by Svetlana Chmakova, 2005. Published by Tokyopop.
Dramacon was an interesting read. I'm kind of curious to see what will happen in the next volume.

I was so busy last week that I didn't have time to do up an IMM post, which is why this weeks is so long. Plus there were a few titles that I had forgotten on my previous post.
A good chunk of these (mainly the library books and mangas) I have already finished reading and am working on reviews for them now.
Like I said earlier, I don't see Like Mandarin being a book I'd enjoy so I'll either be giving it away or looking to trade it.

Hope y'all have an awesome book week(s) as well.
My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the storms this past week. We were pretty lucky and only really had some thunder storms and a few warnings here.

Comments

  1. Great selection! :)

    You've got loads to be reading this week!

    Jules

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah looks really good.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts