Armchair BEA Day 2: 2011's Best of (So Far)

I signed up a bit late, *coughdayofcough*, and as I was perusing Armchair BEA's website and numerous blogs I saw that todays topic was best of. So how could I resist.

Here are some books I've read this year that are the best in my book.

The Demon King & The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima. Seriously, these are two books that you MUST read. They are made of awesome! I cannot wait for The Gray Wolf Throne.  My review of The Demon King.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. I may be a bit late in reading it, but this is one powerful book that everyone should read at least once in their life.

Crusader by Edward Bloor. One of my absolute favorites. My review of Crusader.

They Never Came Back by Caroline B. Cooney. This book was so good that I was unable to sleep until I had read the very last page, and even then I laid in bed just thinking about it.

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton. This has to be one of my favorite 2011 debuts. I loved Ellie and Will and all the action scenes. My review of Angelfire.

Last one...I promise.

Chalice by Robin McKinley. Ms. McKinley is one of the BEST, and I mean best fantasy writers I have ever read and Chalice is her at her finest.

Comments

  1. hey! i like your choice of books =] i'm a new GFC follower!

    mine are mostly dystopians! check out my list!

    follow me back?! =]

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/armchair-bea-best-of-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I have Speak and Angelfire in my home library.

    I love your header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read many of those books, but they're on my TBR pile. But I really loved Angelfire. I wish book 2 would come out sooner! The action in that book was awesome!

    Hope you're having an amazing Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts