Flash: Rebirth

Flash: Rebirth by Geoff Johns & Ethan Van Sciver, 2010; 168 pages. Published by DC Comics.
Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver, the visionaries responsible for the blockbuster GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH and THE SINESTRO CORPS WAR, comes the start of an explosive and jaw-dropping epic that will reintroduce to Barry Allen, the modern age Flash who single-handedly birthed the Silver Age of comics! DC history will be made, and the Flash legacy will be redefined!
Oh my gosh! Flash: Rebirth was amazing!!!!

I'm just going to start off by saying that The Flash is one of my absolute favorite superheroes. So it's no surprise that I loved Flash: Rebirth so much because it brought together (I think) the whole flash family. I loved that I was able to read about Wally, Bart, and Barry all in one binding.
While I really like The Flash as a character, I admit that I'm not to familiar with Barry Allen's Flash. I am more familiar with Wally West and Bart Allen through Justice League Unlimited and Teen Titans (Young Justice), so it was definitely a treat to learn about the first Flash.

I really enjoyed how Flash: Rebirth was kept in the present and that you also got to see a lot of back story on Barry's past, which was most helpful.

While Flash: Rebirth was mainly about Barry's return, it was also a retelling on the origins of the whole Flash legacy. I think that they did a brilliant job of  bringing to life the struggle that Barry would have to go through as he tried to fit in with a world that had changed a lot since he was gone.

I really liked the mystery aspect to Flash: Rebirth and the explanation for how the Speed Force came to be...actually there are just so many things I liked that it's hard to find a place to start that won't give away the whole thing. I'll leave it at this, it's one brilliant story that just pulls you in and keeps you turning the pages just so you can know how it will all end. 
Artwork: While the actual comic artwork is nice it still doesn't compare to the awesomeness that is the cover. But that's not to say that it wasn't good.

Final Verdict: If like me and are behind the curve in reading Flash: Rebirth, then I highly recommend that you go out and read it. It will not disappoint.

Flash: Rebirth earns 5 out of 5 pineapples.

Comments

Popular Posts