Wish List Wednesday (43)

No Time to Die (Dark Secrets, 3) by Elizabeth Chandler, 2004. Published by Turtleback Books.
Message from a dead girl...
It's too late to call back. Jenny will never speak to Liza again. But it seems that even from beyond the grave, Liza is begging her sister for help....

They say it's a serial killer. Is it? Jenny can't afford to trust anyone. Now she's here, in Wisteria, anonymously registered at the Chase College theater camp where her sister died. The daughter of a famous theatrical family, Jenny distrusts actors, loathes acting. Yet here in the college's darkened theatre, Liza seems to be speaking to her. Suddenly Jenny is mouthing Liza's last lines, sharing Liza's last days, a drama starring Brian, the stage manager, who seems to follow her everywhere...dangerously attractive Mike...Paul, who was obsessed with Liza...motherly, suffocating assistant director Maggie...and Walker, the director, bristling with hostility and resentment against Liza and Jenny's famous father. Does he suspect Jenny's true identity?
Why: because Elizabeth Chandler does a great job writing suspenseful stories that just draw you in from the very first page. Plus I absolutely loved The Deep End of Fear, Legacy of Lies, and Don't Tell, which are all some of my favorite reads. 
My final reason for why I want No Time to Die is that it sounds just as good as the rest of the series.

Comments

  1. Awesome choice! I like the cover... I haven't heard of this one before.

    Here is my WOW pick if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't like this one quite as much as The Deep End of Fear but as always with Elizabeth Chandler it's still a great read! I reviewed it at http://www.thebookbag.co.uk/reviews/index.php?title=Dark_Secrets_2_by_Elizabeth_Chandler if you want to take a look. (Apologies for the cheap plug!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read this whole series, the first a few yeas ago and then the fifth one this month. I have the old editions for books 1-4 and don't know about you but I love the old covers and find them more creepy and relevant to the books. Anyhoo, The Deep End of Fear remains my favorite but No Time to Die is really great too. :D

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts