Lenten Reading Challenge (I Made it Through to the End) + Happy Easter

With Lent over and Easter Sunday drawing to a close I wanted to let y'all know how I did during the challenge.


When I first joined the ZG's Lenten Reading Challenge I had no set goal on how many Christian books I was going to read, I just wanted to take this opportunity to read some books that I generally put on the back-burner while I read my "fun reads".
Has it been hard, absolutely. I never realized how hard it was going to be or how much I would want to read books with paranormal/supernatural aspects until I couldn't. The hardest thing about it was that there are so many great sounding titles in my TBR that have been staring at me for the last few weeks.
As far as giving things up for Lent, I would have to say that this was my most difficult year. It took a LOT of quick prayers to keep myself from straying from my goal. While it was hard I did manage to read some really great books that might have otherwise sat unread for many months to come.

Since I've run out of things to ramble on about..and I'd hate to bore you guys by talking in circles...here is what I ended up reading during Lent. At least what Christian titles I read.

A Grief Observed- C.S. Lewis
The Problem of Pain- C.S. Lewis
Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist- Brant Pitre
Miracles Do happen- Sister Briege McKenna

I also started on The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything: A Spirituality for Real Life by James Martin, SJ, but I kind of ran out of steam. I'll probably get around to finishing it at some point.

I hope y'all have all had a wonderful Easter.

Did y'all dye eggs? I did and it was so much fun.  What are y'alls Easter traditions?

Thanks for letting me ramble on for a bit. Hope I didn't bore y'all to tears. Don't worry, regular posting will resume this week. ^_^

Comments

  1. I also sometimes put these kind of important reads on the back burner while reading the fun books I obsess over. I haven't read either of those C. S. Lewis books, but I love everything I've read of his so I'm sure they were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try this next year, sounds really hard!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts