In My Mailbox (32)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Library:
Author: Lois Duncan
Title: Gallows Hill1
Publication Date: 1997
Synopsis: "When seventeen-year-old Sarah works in the fortune-telling booth at a school carnival, she finds that sometimes she can really see the future in the crystal ball, a talent that disturbs some of the other students and makes them suspect her of being a witch."

Author: Garth Nix
Title: Sabriel2
Series: The Old Kingdom (book 1)
Publication Date: 1995
Synopsis: "Since childhood, Sabriel has lived outside the walls of the Old Kingdom, away from the power of Free Magic and the Dead. With her father missing, Sabriel must cross into that world to find him. There she confronts an evil that threatens much more than her life."


Author: Jane Yolen
Title: Dragon's Blood3
Series: Pit Dragon trilogy (book 1)
Publication Date: 1982
Synopsis: "Jakkin, a bond boy who works as a Keeper in a dragon nursery on the planet Austar IV, secretly trains a fighting pit dragon of his own in hopes of winning his freedom."

Author: Scott Westerfeld
Title: The Last Days4
Series: Peeps (book 2)
Publication Date: 2006
Synopsis: "A mysterious epidemic holds the city in its thrall and the chaos is contagious—black oil spews from fire hydrants, rats have taken over brooklyn, and every day, more people disappear. but all that matters to pearl, Moz, and Zahler is their new band. they ignore the madness around them and join forces with a vampire lead singer and a drummer whose fractured mind can glimpse the coming darkness. will their music stave off the end of the world . . . or summon it?"


Author: David Baldacci
Title: The Camel Club5
Series: Camel Club (book 1)
Publication Date: 2005
Synopsis: "It exists at the fringes of Washington, D.C., has no power, and consists solely of four eccentric and downtrodden members whom society has forgotten. Their simple goal is to find the "truth" behind their country's actions. One man leads this aging, ragtag crew. He has no known past and has taken the name "Oliver Stone." Day and night, Stone and his friends study wild conspiracy theories, current events, and the machinations of government, hoping to discover some truth that will hold America's leaders accountable to its citizens. Yet never in Stone's wildest nightmares could he imagine the conspiracy the Camel Club is about to uncover . . ."


Author: Agatha Christie
Title: Murder on the Orient Express6
Series: Hercule Poirot (book 8)
Publication Date: 1934
Synopsis: "Murder on the Orient Express. En route to Paris, Belgian detective Hercule Poirot has booked winter passage on the fabled Orient Express. Among the curious assortment of fellow passengers, one wealthy American holds a unique distinction: He has been found dead of multiple stab wounds in the night compartment of the Calais coach. By dawn, thirteen travelers, each bearing a secret, will find themselves suspect in the most ingenious crime Poirot has ever solved."


Author: Robin McKinley
Title: The Blue Sword7
Series: Damar (book 1)
Publication Date: 1982
Synopsis: "Harry, bored with her sheltered life in the remote orange-growing colony of Daria, discovers magic in herself when she is kidnapped by a native king with mysterious powers."

I went a bit crazy this week when I visited the library and came away with seven books to read. Some of them I've been meaning to give a try, like, Sabriel, Gallows Hill, and The Camel Club. Others are by some of my favorite authors, like, The Blue Sword, Murder on the Orient Express, and The Last Days. And then there's Dragon's Blood by Jane Yolen which happens to be one of my all time favorite books and I couldn't pass up a chance to re-read it.
Well, now you've seen what I got this week, cannot wait to everyone else's IMM.
I am delighted to send you over to check out my first guest post at the fabulous Teens Read and Write run by Alyssa, Jake, and Gregory.

____________________________________________________
1. Gallows Hill- Lois Duncan is by one of my favorite authors and was borrowed from the library.
2. Sabriel- Garth Nix I've actually wanted to read this book for awhile, but could never find it. It too came from the library.
3. Dragon's Blood- Jane Yolen is one of my favorite books byh on eof my favorite authors. It also was borrowed from the library.
4. The Last Days- Scott Westerfeld, love his books. It too was borrowed from the library.
5. The Camel Club- David Baldacci Sounded interesting so I borrwed it from the library.
6. Murder on the Orient Express- Agatha Christie, I haven't read this one in what seems like ages, so I borrowed it from the library.
7. The Blue Sword- Robin McKinley, I loved her other books so I borrowed this one from the library.

Comments

  1. What a great group of books! I have read a lot of Lois Duncan but don't think I have read that one. The Blue Sword is one of my all-time favorite books.

    Did you know that Jane Yolen has a new book out in the Pit Dragon series? It is on my TBR pile waiting for me to find some time.

    Enjoy your books! And greetings from the Saturday Network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy Martin: Yes, I just wish I could find a copy of it to read. Hope you enjoy the newest Pit Dragon book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of most of these (as usual - you always surprise me) but they sound fantastic. Agatha Christie is always fantastic, and I Westerfeld - but haven't read this one - and Gallows Hill looks very interesting.

    Thanks for the great list of books and we really appreciate you guest blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful collection of Must Read books, thank the gods for The Library and if you get a chance try out your neighborhood Thrift Museum, you would be surprised at how many people donate their newly read books to their favorite charities. That's where I score my best reads, Love David's books and always look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, great, great collection! I've always wanted to read Scott Westerfeld book, Leviathan, and the one you featured here sounds very enticing as well!

    Btw - I've also read your interview on Teens Read & Write and it was excellent =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Sabriel by Garth Nix a few years ago & really enjoyed the series. Hope you like it too :o)

    I've not read any of the others you mentioned but they look like a great selection & I'll be looking forward to reading your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of these, but they all look really good! I might have to track these down at my library...

    Hope you have fun reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read all of these books! I love scott Westerfeld's work. Have fun reading them and I can't wait for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sabriel is ace... really hope you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great collection of books- Garth Nix (sabriel) and Robin McKinley (The blue sword).

    Seahn

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Blue Sword is SO good. It's definitely one of my faves. And AH yay Murder on the Orient Express is excellent. Sabriel is on my owned-TBR, have yet to get to it, can't wait to see what you think of all of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great books this week! a few i need to read! hope you enjoy them all! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I reallly want to read a book by Scoot W.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of great books this week- Murder on the Orient Express is one of my favorite Christie novels. Enjoy!

    Emily
    What Book is That?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts