In My Mailbox (35)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Contest:
Library:
Author: Laura Childs
Title: Gunpowder Green
Series: A Tea Shop Mystery (book 2)
Publication Date: 2002
Synopsis: "Charleston's Indigo Tea Shop has just come out with its latest flavor: Gunpowder Green. Theodosia Browning can't wait to hear its praises after it's unveiled at the annual yacht race. When a member of Charleston's elite falls dead after the antique gun is shot to end the race, Theo has a hunch it was no accident and will go out of her way to prove it."

Author: Ann Rinaldi
Title: A Break with Charity: A Story About the Salem Witch Trials
Series: A Great Episode (book 2)
Publication Date: 1992
Synopsis: "Susanna English desperately wants to join the circle of girls who meet every week at the parsonage, but she doesn’t realize the leader of the group, the malicious Ann Putnam, is about to set off a torrent of false accusations that will lead to the imprisonment and execution of countless innocent people-victims of a witch-hunt panic."

Author: Anne McCaffrey
Title: Dragonsong4
Series: Harper Hall (book 1)
Publication Date: 1976
Synopsis: "Menolly loved music and wanted to be a Harper, though her father would not allow it. It was a disgrace for a woman even to think of such a thing. Finally, he forbade Menolly to even sing for fear her ambition would become known. Menolly had no choice but to run away. On her journey she meets a group of fire lizards who bring new adventure, challenge and direction to her life."

First off I would like to thank the lovely people of Shooting Stars Mag. I won the White Collar prize pack from them.
So far only three of the books I have put on hold from the library have come in, but that might be a good thing since I strill have a couple of books from last week to get through. The book I am most excited about (finally) coming in would have to be Anne McCaffrey's Dragonsong the first book in the Harper Hall trilogy. I also picked up the second book in the Tea Shop Mystery series by Laura Childs (Gunpowder Green), along with A Break with Charity: A Story about the salem Witch Trials by Ann Rinaldi.
___________________________________________________
1. The White Collar prize pack was won from Shooting Stars Mag.
2. Gunpowder Green was borrowed from the library.
3. A Break with Charity: A story about the Salem Witch Trials was borrowed from the library.
4. Dragonsong was also borrowed from the library.

Comments

  1. I never heard of any of these books, but they sounds interesting. Dragonsong looks like the best :D Hope you'll review it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have similar tastes. I have read all the Pern series, and have used Break with Charity in my comm. arts classes. I love the story of the Salem Witch Trials told through the eys of her protagonist. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on winning a contest! Isn't it great to win something every once in a while!

    I loved Dragonsong and most of the early Pern books. I will admit that I am quite a few behind on the most recent ones.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books you got this week. Some interesting titles there. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Break with Charity: A Story About the Salem Witch Trials sounds very good, I love reading about Salem! I hope you are going to enjoy this book and the others that you got!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... Dragonsong looks amazing!!! I just added it to my Goodreads TBR list thanks to you!!=)


    Enjoy your reads!!

    http://lll808.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dragonsong is a great book, I hope you enjoy it! And congrats on winning a contest - that's always a great feeling. Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some very fun and mysterious looking books. Happy reading. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome books! A Break With Charity was really good.

    Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-2-28-10.html

    Have an awesome booktastic Monday! :D
    The Bookie Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely covers. Enjoy your books. Here's Mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts