In My Mailbox (34)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Contest:
Author: Janni Lee Simner
Title: Bones of Faerie1
Publication Date: 2009
Synopsis: "The war between humanity and Faerie devastated both sides. Or so 15-year-old Liza has been told. Nothing has been seen or heard from Faerie since, and Liza’s world bears the scars of its encounter with magic. Trees move with sinister intention, and the town Liza calls home is surrounded by a forest that threatens to harm all those who wander into it. Then Liza discovers she has the Faerie ability to see—into the past, into the future—and she has no choice but to flee her town. Liza’s quest will take her into Faerie and back again, and what she finds along the way may be the key to healing both worlds."

Library:
Author: Diana Wynne Jones
Title: Cart and Cwidder; Drowned Ammet2
Series: Dalemark Quartet (books 1 & 2)
Publication Date: 1975, 1977
Synopsis: "It is a country divided by war. For centuries, the earldoms of the North and South have battled. Now, four young people from different times -- with the help of their mysterious gods, the Undying -- must unite to save their beloved land.
Traveling musician Moril has inherited a cwidder said to have belonged to one of the Undying. Can he learn to harness its strange powers in time to prevent an invasion?

To avenge his father's death, Mitt has joined a plot to assassinate the tyrannical Earl Hadd. But when everything goes wrong, he finds himself on a storm-tossed sea in a boat with his enemies."

Author: Anne McCaffrey
Title: The Rowan3
Series: Tower and Hive (book 1)
Publication Date: 1990
Synopsis: "An orphaned young girl, simply called The Rowan, is discovered to have superior telepathic potential and is trained to become Prime Talent on Callisto. After years of self-sacrificing dedication to her position, The Rowan intercepts an urgent mental call from Jeff Raven, a young Prime Talent on distant Deneb. She convinces the other Primes to merge their powers with hers to help fight off an attack by invading aliens. Her growing relationship with Jeff gives her the courage to break her status-imposed isolation, and choose the more rewarding world of love and family."


Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Title: Tattoo4
Series: Bailey (book 1)
Publication Date: 2007
Synopsis: "Bailey Morgan isn't the type of girl who shows a lot of skin, but somehow, she ends up in a dressing room at the mall with her friend Delia applying a temporary tattoo to her lower back. Never one to suffer fashion doubt, trendsetter Delia knows exactly where she wants her own tattoo: on her stomach, right where her shirt ends—can you say "midriff"? Annabelle, the quiet one, chooses the back of her neck, and tomboy Zo plasters hers on the top of her foot. The tattoos will last for three days, and Delia's sure that with them, the four friends will absolutely kill at the school dance."

This week I would like to thank Ashley of Books Obsession, I won Bones of Faerie from her. I would also like to thank Adrienne of An Addicted Book Reader, who I won a signed Shadow Hills book mark from.
On to my library picks of the week. This week I picked up The Rowan by Anne McCaffrey, Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, and VOL 1 of The Dalemark Quartet featureing Cart and Cwidder and Drowned Ammet by Diana Wynne Jones.
Well, that's all for me this week in books. Cannot wait to see what everyone else got.

____________________________________________________
1. Bones of Faerie was won from Ashley of Books Obsession.
2. Cart and Cwidder & Drowned Ammet was borrowed from the library.
3. The Rowan was borrowed from the library.
4. Tattoo was also borrowed from the library.
5. The Shadow Hills book mark was won from Adrienne of An Addicted Book Reader.

Comments

  1. Hey there!

    This is Sara here from The Saturday Network! Wow, you got some great books this week! Tattoo was really good. Happy reading :)

    Btw I'm loving your blog-I'm now a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection of books - Tattoo sounds really interesting so I'll keep an eye out for your review :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are such great books! I can't wait to hear what you think of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohman, you got some AWESOME books this week!
    I also got a Diana Wynne Jones book this week. I totally love her!
    And, bizarrely, since I am a HUGE fantasy and dragon fan, I have never read anything by Anne McCaffrey. Perhaps you could give me a starting point recommendation. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books this week! I really enjoyed Bones of Faerie, and Tattoo sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tattoo looks really good and so does Bones of Faerie. I hope you enjoy your books! I am visiting from The Saturday Network. I like your blog. You read an impressive number of books last year!

    My blog is Reading Extensively.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brizmus: When I started reading Anne McCaffrey's books I stared with her Harper Hall trilogy (the first book is Dragonsong). Diane Wynne Jones is also one of my all time favorite authors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tattoo sounds kinda cool! Hope you enjoy each of your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books you got this week. The Bones of Faerie looks really interesting. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. soooo still need to read bones of faerie! i hope you enjoy them all! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great book this week! Tattoo is sitting on my TBR pile. I saw Bones of Faerie when I was setting up the Book Fair this afternoon. I'll have to get a copy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bones of Faeries sounds great adding it to my wishlist!!!

    Thanks
    My IMM IS Here

    Kelly
    @MidnightGlance

    ReplyDelete
  13. lots of great books! bones of faerie looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tattoo is a really good book, same with it's sequel fate. Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Wynne Jones, my favorite book by her being Howl's Moving Castle. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bones of a Fairy looks interesting. Here's Mine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been wanting to read Bones of Faeire!!!

    Enjoy your reads=)


    http://lll808.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-7.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts