Fire

Author: Kristin Cashore
Title: Fire1
Series: Seven Kingdoms (companion to Graceling)
Publication Date: 2009
Number of Pages: 480
Genre: YA/Fantasy
Synopsis: "She is the last of her kind...

It is not a peaceful time in the Dells. In King City, the young King Nash is clinging to the throne, while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him. War is coming. And the mountains and forest are filled with spies and thieves. This is where Fire lives, a girl whose beauty is impossibly irresistible and who can control the minds of everyone around her."

While I really enjoyed reading Fire, the prequel the Graceling, I think it could have used a lot more action.

The most interesting thing about Fire as a character would have to be her past relationship with her father that is described over the course of the book.
Fire was at turns an interesting yet frustrating character. I found her interesting because she was so different from any of the others characters in both they way she looked and inn what she was capable of, and yet she managed to frustrate me for the majority of the book.
The only character in the book that I really liked was Brigan. He had more depth and character then the rest of the cast.
One of my favorite things about the book Fire would have to be that you learn more about Leck who is the main antagonist in Graceling. It was interesting to read about him from when he was younger.
My favorite scene from Fire would have to have been the annual Gala that was thrown at the King's palace. I loved the intrigue and plotting that went on during it.
My only problem with the book would have to be that the final battle was ended in a very abrupt fashion. So they were in the middle of a fight scene and then it was a couple of months later. I really don't like it when a book skips like that.
In the end I liked Fire and cannot wait to read the next book in the Seven Kingdoms series.

Fire earns 4 out of 5 pineapples.
Seven Kingdoms:
Graceling
Fire
____________________________________________________
1. Fire was borrowed from the library.

Comments

  1. Nice review, I really need to hurry up and read Graceling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a brilliant review! I'm a huge fan of Graceling, so I need to read this...I just haven't had the time to buy it haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts