In My Mailbox (81) + I got a Surprise in the Mail...and Contest Link of Awesome

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Won:
You Killed Wesley Payne  ARC by Sean Beaudoin, 2011. Published by Little Brown Book for Young Readers.
I absolutely love this cover, so awesome. A YA noir mystery, one can't possible go wrong with that. I'll probably try to get to this one as soon as I catch up on what I'm currently reading.

A huge thanks goes out to Donna of Bites.

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, 2010. Published by Knopf Books for Young Readers.
I've heard great things about Dash & Lily's Book of Dares, along with the other books by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, so I'm really looking forward to reading it. I'd also thank Lauren of Random House for sending after the first one got lost in transit (thanks so much).
A huge thanks goes out to Random House, I won this book during one of their Twitter giveaways.

Review:
May (Daughters of the Sea, 2) by Kathryn Lasky, 2011. Published by Scholastic Press.
So May, the second book in The Daugters of the sea, would have to be the biggest surprise that I got inmy mail this week. Why? Because I'm pretty sure that I didn't enter any contests for it, and it wasn't something I requested, but it sounds like a great read and I'm looking forward to reading it after Lent. Since my library has the first book I'll be checking it out to read before I start on this one.
A huge thanks to Scholastic for the surprise.

Library:

Fruits Basket 21 by Natsuki Takaya, 2006. Published by Tokoyopop.
Fruits Basket 22 by Natsuki Takaya, 2007. Published by Tokyopop.
Fruits Basket 23 by Natsuki Takaya, 2007. Published by Tokyopop.
Oh my gosh! I cannot believe that I am about to read the final three volumes of Fruits Basket. I am seriously going to miss this series once I'm done with it. One day I hope to have all 23 volume, which means I have 22 volumes left to buy.

As I said, I'm sad to see that I have come to the end of Fruits Basket, which has been one of my absolute favorite mangas to read since I first found it, but I'm also really excited to see how it all plays out in the end.
 I'm really quite excited that my library has the first book in The Daughters of the Sea series, which means as soon as Easter rolls around I'll check it out so that I can read book two.
I enjoyed Fade to Blue, so I'm really looking forward to getting to read You Killed Wesley Payne.
  Hope y'all have had an awesome week in books as well (Looking forward to seeing what everyone got this week...and maybe adding to my wishlist).
Week re-cap of posts:
Thanks to PR by the Book, one lucky winner will receive The Dawn Country and People of the Longhouse by W. Michael & Kathleen O'Neal Gear. For more details and to enter click HERE.

There's also still time to vote for what I'll read next month for the first official Time Warp read. To see the list of book options and to vote click HERE. Time Warp is where I spotlight some of the older YA titles that I have sitting on my shelf.

My review of People of the Longhouse (it earned 5 pineapples).
My review of The Dawn Country (also received 5 pineapples).
Teaser Tuesday
Wishlist Wednesday

Comments

  1. Great books you got this week. I just started reading You Killed Wesley Payne. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books, I've never heard of any of them, but they sound good! I'll have to check back when you post your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dash and Lily is awesome! Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have some great reads, I really want to read Dash and Lily. Happy reading!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! New Follower! I guess I need to check out Dash and Lily! Enjoy your great reads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A YA Noir Mystery, hmmm? That sounds interesting. Reminds me of the movie "Brick".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts