Wish List Wednesday (39)

Close to Famous by Joan Bauer, 2011. Published by Viking Juvenile.
Foster McFee dreams of having her own cooking show like her idol, celebrity chef Sonny Kroll. Macon Dillard's goal is to be a documentary filmmaker. Foster's mother Rayka longs to be a headliner instead of a back-up singer. And Miss Charleena plans a triumphant return to Hollywood. Everyone has a dream, but nobody is even close to famous in the little town of Culpepper. Until some unexpected events shake the town and its inhabitants and put their big ambitions to the test. Full of humor, unforgettable characters, surprises, and lots and lots of heart, this is Joan Bauer at her most engaging.
Why: When it comes to books that have absolutely no supernatural or paranormal elements Joan Bauer is one of the first authors that I'll turn to. Out of all the books that I have read by her, so far, not a single one of them has left me unsatisfied or wishing that I hadn't read it, so I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hands on her latest book Close to Famous.

Comments

  1. I haven't read her stuff but I'm going to check her out on goodreads. Thanks - as usual - for the great recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts