Lenten Reading Challenge 2011

Guidelines for the Lenten Reading Challenge:

You can either give up all secular books, or add a predetermined number of Christian books to your TBR for Lent, which begins March 9 and goes through April 20. To participate, simply write a brief acceptance post and leave a link in the comments. You can join the challenge any time from now until the 20th, and you don't need to follow my blog to join in. (from Zombie Girrrl's blog Crackin' Spines and Takin' Names). 
I know Lent began yesterday, but I didn't have the time to write a post for this.
This year I have decided to cut out one of my favorite book genres during Lent. Until Easter, I will not be reading any supernatural/paranormal books of any kind while adding more Christian books to be read during this season of Lent. Will it be hard for me? Abosolutely because paranormal and supernatural reads make up the majority of my reading list.

If you would like to join in this challenge just visit this -> link

I haven't decided upon how many I'll read (or what will be read), but I'll be posting the titles her after I've read it.

Read:
A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis
The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis

Reading:
Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist by Brant Pitre

Comments

  1. Thanks for joining the challenge, Orchid! I'll add a link to your acceptance post shortly.
    Have fun, and remember: we only get one Lent a year, make it count!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge! What a hard thing to give up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts