In My Mailbox (80) Books I Now Have...Yet Can't Read :(

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Review:
Butterfly (Butterfly, 1) by Yu Aikawa, March 1, 2011.
I am really excited about getting a chance to read Butterfly (it sounds so good). Although, I' afraid that I will have to wait till after Easter before I may read it (read bottom of post for reason), which makes me sad.  

A huge thanks goes out to Ariyana of Tokyopop for the review copy.

Won:
13 to Life and Secrets and Shadows *signed* posters. Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I can tell you that they are really nice looking.

A huge thanks goes out to Jen of What's on the Bookshelf.
 
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2/ Forever in Blue by Ann Brashares, 2008 (originally published in 2007).
I'm not sure, but I think I might just be only person who has never read or watched any of the Sisterhood books/movies. Truth be told, my sister said the books were a bit sad at points and that I wouldn't enjoy them, but I think I'll now have to give them a try.
Sweet Valley High: Three Novels (Double Love, Secrets, and Playing with Fire) by Francine Pascal, 2011 (originally published in 1983).
I guess the cover hasn't been released yet...
I have never read any of the Sweet Valley High books, but they sound like they could be a fun read. I read the first page and it totally made me think of the movie Clueless, so this could definitely be ...interesting. At least it's the first three books in the series.

Real Live Boyfriends (Ruby Oliver, 4) by E. Lockhart, 2010.
This sounds like it could be a very funny read. But it will be a long, long time before I get a chance to read it (I ahven't read the previous books before).

Parties & Potions (Magic in Manhattan, 4) by Sarah Mylnowski, 2008.
Loved the first two, so I'll definitely have to read the third one so that I can see how the series ends.

A huge thanks goes out to RandomBuzzers and RandonHouseKids. I won these four books during their spirng cleaning giveaway on twitter.
Library:
Fruits Basket 18 by Natsuki Takaya, 2007.
Fruits Basket 19 by Natsuki Takaya, 2007.
Fruits basket 20 by Natsuki Takaya, 2008.
Oh my gosh! all three volumes were so good. I also cannot believe that I am almost finished reading this series. I think I'll most likely be really sad when I finally read the last one.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya #1) by Nagaru Tanigawa, 2009 (originally published in 2003).
I will be returning this one unread. I thought it would come in before Lent began, but it didn't and since it has some supernatural elements in it I'll be rechecking it out after Easter.

Traded:
Siren (Siren, 1) by Tricia Rayburn, 2010.
I'm really excited about one day getting to read Siren. It sounds like a very interesting read, although I don't really like the cover.

Twelfth Grade Kills (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, 5) by Heather Brewer, 2010.
The last Vlad Tod book. Whatever shall I read once I'm through with this series (can't wait to see how it all ends).
A huge thanks goes out to YA Bibliophile (go check out her very awesome blog).

If you have been following my blog, then you'll know that for Lent this year I have given up on reading supernatural/paranormal books till after Easter. So the majority of these lovely books won't be read till after the Lenten season. Along with giving up on those books I will be participating in Zombie Girrrl's Lenten Reading Challenge (click HERE for her post and HERE for mine.)

One last big thank you to all the lovelies that I received books from (y'all are awesome). Hope everyone has had a great week in books too.

Time for the last order of business for the week (otherwise known as I shamelessly link my posts of the week in hopes that y'all will stop by and read my posts...and maybe comment). ^_^

Lenten Reading Challenge 
Review: Fall in Love Like a Comic volumes 1&2 by Chitose Yagami
Wish List Wednesday (37)
Teaser Tuesday: The Deviant by Orren Merton
Review: Hearts at Stake by Alyxandria Harvey


Comments

  1. Great books you got this week. I think the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants books did have some sad parts but it's a pretty good series. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I read all of the Sweet Valley Twins and the Sweet Valley High Series when I was in high school. They were pretty formulaic sometimes, but a lot of fun... although not really my thing any more.

    In an odd way, they end up being very timeless -- I think that the first books in the High School series were published in the 1970s (??) or was it the 1980s? I was reading them in the 90s, and yet I can imagine that they would still be great to pick up now. (And that's... fifteen years' difference? ugh, now I feel old.) But you can't go wrong with twins and boys. That's always a recipe for some interesting drama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siren is the only book I've heard of out of this haul - the cover is stunning!
    Enjoy all of your books :D
    Here's my IMM: http://booksofamber.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-17-and-weekly-roundup.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard a lot of good things about Siren, and I hope you'll enjoy it as well. Happy reading!

    Take a look at what's in my Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mailbox! Siren looks really great! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got great books! I only read the first book of the Vladimir Todd series. I have the second and the third one, I'll have to read them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A huge yay for the Sisterhood of the travelling pants, girlie and fun! Enjoy all your reads and have a nice rest weekend:)
    My IMM can be found here

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts