In My Mailbox (77) or Library Sale Edition

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Bought at Library Sale:
You Are So Cursed by Naomi Nash, 2004.
Shadows on the Wall (York Trilogy 1) by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, 2002.
The Boys Start the War/ The Girls Get Even (Boys Start the War books 1&2) by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, 1994.
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky, 1866.
Losing Christina Collection {The Fog, The Snow, and The Fire} by Caroline B. Cooney, 2006.
A Little Class on Murder (Death on Demand 5) by Carolyn Hart, 1989.
Southern Ghost (Death on Demand 8) by Carolyn Hart, 1993. 
Yankee Doodle Dead (Death on Demand 10) by Carolyn Hart, 1999.
The Barker Street Regulars (A Dog Lover's Mystery 11) by Susan Conant, 1998.
Death of a Dreamer (A Hamish Macbeth Mystery 22) by M.C. Beaton, 2007.
The Grilling Season (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, 7) by Diane Mott Davidson, 1997.
The Cat Who Lived High (The Cat Who..., 11) by Lilian Jackson Braun, 1991.
The Cat Who Blew the Whistle (The Cat Who... 17) by Lilian Jackson Braun, 1994.
The Cat Who Sang for the Birds (The Cat Who...20) by Lilian Jackson Braun, 1998.
The Paris Vendetta (Cotton Malone, 5) by Steve Berry, 2009.
The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova, 2009.
Triangle by Katherine Weber, 2006.
The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer, 2006.
The Book of Lies by Brad Meltzer, 2008.
The Sanctuary by Raymond Khoury, 2007.

Library:
Kitchen Princess volume 1 by Natsumi Ando & Miyuki Kobayashi, 2007.
Fall in Love Like a Comic volume 2 by Chitose Yagami, 2008.
Metamo Kiss volume 1 by Sora Omote, 2007.
Wish volume 1 by Clamp, 2002.
XxxHolic volume 2 by Clamp, 2006.
Angelic Layer volume 1 by Clamp, 2002.

Borrowed:
Fruits Basket volume 17 by Natsuki Takaya
I have the absolute best librarians at my library. Volume 17 of Fruits Basket wasn't in the system at all, and so one of the librarians let me borrow her personal copy (she also says that this is a very important volume). How cool is that! So a big thnk you goes out to her and all the awesome librarians everywhere.

This year I hit the library sale a couple of hours earlier then last time. I found some really interesting mysteries, but sadly they either didn't have very many YA or they hadn't brought them out yet. So this year I got mainly thrillers and mystery books, but I was lucky enough to find some authors that were recommended for those who like Agatha Christie's work (and just about all the books I got were hardbacks). I'm really excited about all the books I found and cannot wait to try the ones I've never read before.

I hope y'all have had a really great week in books too.

Comments

  1. My daughter loves Fruit Basket! Great haul!
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good golly, that's a lot of books! Glad to see you had better luck at the library sale than I did. =)

    Ooh, xxxHolic and Fruits Basket! You must must must let me borrow those after you read them. It was indeed very cool of the librarian to lend you her copy.
    Let me know what you think of the other mangas. I'll have to give them a try if they're good. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME books this week! I've read You Are So Cursed a long time ago, but can't remember if it's good. XD Anyway, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Library sale! Oh my gosh how wonderful! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts