The Pace

The Pace (The Pace, 1) by Shelena Shorts, 2009; 302 pages. Source: Contest Win.
Nineteen-year-old Weston has everything. He's super hot, mysterious, dangerous, sincere, and vulnerable. He’s also a one-of-a-kind evolution that will change the idea of immortality forever. Anyone would be drawn to him, even without fate's intervention, and when eighteen-year-old Sophie crashes into him, there's no turning back.

All that remains is figuring out who, or what, he is, and with a little perseverance, she'll find out the indelible truth—right along with a century-old secret...and a threat for which neither of them are prepared.

Intensely fascinating and rich with determination, The Pace brings together romance, mystery, and suspense in a compelling bond that will have readers asking for more.
So I really liked the story and the characters in The Pace, but I almost gave up on finishing it (I'll get to why I nearly didn't finish it later), but I'm glad that I didn't, because I now I want to read book two.

I wasn't too sure if I was going to end up enjoying reading The Pace, especially since I very nearly gave up on it when I was only about forty pages in. I found that what kept me plugging away at the book was the actual story; I was fascinated by the mystery behind Weston's past and the connection between him and Sophie.

The other main reason I was able to finish reading this book was that I really liked the main character, Sophie. I liked that she was a strong take no nonsense kind of girl; plus it was nice seeing a female character that was able to think for herself.

My favorite thing in The Pace, well, that would have to be the flashbacks to the past. They really drew me into the story and made it come alive. I have another favorite scene, its epic, but if I told you anything about it I would be giving away way too much and I don’t want to spoil it for those who haven’t read it yet.

Least favorite thing about this book (sometimes really I hate this part of writing reviews), I felt like some of the characters actions were a little over written. At points it was kind of like reading someone's literal diary of their day, which kind of made it hard to get into at first. But other than that one thing, I ended up really liking this book.

Final Verdict: The Pace may start out kind of slow, but it’s definitely worth reading with a captivating plot and likeable characters.

Be sure to check out Rating Reads in the next couple of weeks for a content rating of The Pace.

Comments

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts