MeruPuri Volume 1

MeruPuri volume 1 by Matsuri Hino, 2003. Pages-192. Source: Borrowed from library.

All high school freshman Airi Hoshina ever wanted was to someday live in a cozy home with a loving husband and find joy in the little things in life. As a result, she makes it her daily mission to get to school on time because school legend has it that the longer one's non-tardy streak is, the better boyfriend one will find. But just when her daily routine is working like clockwork, an occurrence of fairy-tale proportions threatens to disrupt her grand plan.
Having had the chance to read a few volumes of Matsuri Hino's Vampire Knight I  was quite excited when I found out that my library had the first volume of MeruPuri. I'm so glad that I took the chanced to read it because it had now become one of my favorites (now if only I can get my hands on the rest of the series).
I'll just start off by saying that I absolutely loved reading MeruPuri, it might just be one of my new favorite manga reads.

What really made this an enjoyable read was the characters and how they interacted with each other. I really liked how Airi and Hram's friendship kept evolving throughout the first volume. It was also quite funny to see how differently she would react to him based on whether he was little Hram or in his magically aged self (do to his brother's spell).

While I really like fantasy stories, I also like to reading books where the author brings a little bit of a fantasy world into the modern day, especially when it the story is as fascinating as MeruPuri was.

The thing I liked most about MeruPuri was the artwork. I loved how the majority of the artwork on the panels was so clean, and how easy it was to tell what was going on. The character designs were also some of my favorite to date.
Final Verdict: A delightfully funny read with just a dash of fantasy. In other words give me more!
MeruPuri earns 5 out of 5 pineapples.



Comments

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts