Wish List Wednesday (30)

Foundling (Monster Blood Tattoo, 1) by D.M. Cornish, 1999.

Set in the world of the Half-Continent-a land of tri-corner hats and flintlock pistols-the Monster Blood Tattoo trilogy is a world of predatory monsters, chemical potions and surgically altered people. Foundling begins the journey of Rossamund, a boy with a girl's name, who is just about to begin a dangerous life in the service of the Emperor. What starts as a simple journey is threatened by encounters with monsters-and people, who may be worse. Learning who to trust and who to fear is neither easy nor without its perils, and Rossamund must choose his path carefully.

Why: While the synopsis for Foundling hardly says anything about what the book is actually about, I find myself wanting to read it none the less.
The thing that first drew my eye to this book when I was at a bookstore (not buying a single book though) was the cover, it just grabbed my attention even though there's not much going on. To make a long story short, it sounds like something I could definitely disappear into and devour.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a cool book!

    New here, btw, and loving your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it might be interesting, though not the kind of thing I'd usually pick up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts