In My Mailbox (71) Christmas/Birthday Edition

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Contest(s):
When Paranormalcy first arrived I decided that I was going to read the first page (only), but instead wound up reading 78 pages because it was just so good.

 I'm really looking forward to (finally) getting a chance to read Firelight.getting a chance to read Firelight.
Personal Demons (Personal Demons, 1) by Lisa Desrochers, 2010.
I've already started Personal Demons, and so far it's pretty good.

A huge thanks goes out to Ravenous Reader of Tales of the Ravenous Reader.

The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball by Risa Green, 2010.
This sounds like a delightfully light read, which will be just what I need after some of the books I plan on reading. Can't wait to get around to reading it.

A huge thanks goes out to Liz of Consumed by Books.

Gifts (Christmas):
The Demon's Covenant (The Demon's Lexicon, 2) by Sarah Rees Brennan, 2010.
I loved The Demon's Covenant when I read it a couple of months ago, and am thrilled to own a copy of it.

Incarceron (Incarceron, 1) by Catherine Fisher, 2010.
So excited about getting a finished copy of Incarceron from Christmas (I read the first chapter in my ARC and knew I would love it so I asked for a finished copy). I'm pretty sure that I'm going to let it jump to (near) the top of my TBR pile.

I'd like to thank my Aunt D and Uncle D. for the awesome books.

Vampire Mountain (Cirque du Freak, 4) by Darren Shan, 2001.
I was so excited when I unwrapped the fourth Cirque du freak book, Can't wait to read it.

The Forbidden Game (Forbidden Game, 1-3) by L.J. Smith, 1994.
I now have 16 books to read for the L.J. Smith Reading Challenge I'm hosting. As you can probably guess, I'm really excited about getting this book.

I'd like to thank my Secret Santa (otherwise known as my sister. Its a family tradition) for the awesome books. She also got me Beauty and the Beast, which I've already watched 3 times.

Gifts (Birthday):
Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, 1) by Michelle Zink, 2009.
Honestly, my birthday was completely made when I unwrapped Prophecy of the Sisters. I'm really looking forward to reading the finished version.

Guardian of the Gate (Prophecy of the Sisters, 2) by Michelle Zink, 2010.
If my birthday was made by getting Prophecy of the Sisters, it was made even better by getting Guardian of the Gate.

A huge thanks goes out to my Mom, Dad and Sisters.
 
As you can see I'm quite set in books for the next couple of weeks.
 
Hope y'all had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Woo hoo - awesome books!! I think I would be happy with books as presents for every occasion :)
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books - so many presents, lucky!!
    Our Mailbox is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice books this week! FIRELIGHT is the best =)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I really have to read Prophecy of the Sisters as I have heard so many good things about the series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts