In My Mailbox (97) New Books, Blog Updates, and Read-a-Thon News

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.
Review:
Dael and the Painted People (Zan-Gah, 3) by Allan Richard Shickman, August 30, 2011. Published by Earthshaker Books.
Last year I had the chance to read and review Zan-Gah:  A Prehistoric Adventure and Zan-Gah and the Beautiful Country, both of which I really enjoyed. So I couldn't resist when I was offered the chance to read Dael and the Painted People, which I'm really looking forward to.  Thanks to Bonnie of Earthshaker Books.
Won:
Nerd Girls: Raise of the Dorkausaurus, by Alan Lawrence Sitomer, 2011. Published by Hyperion Books CH.
Not sure why, but I really like the title of this book (it might the Dorkasaurus part).  I think it sounds interesting and am looking forward to reading it.

Thanks to Kai @ Fiction State of Mind.

Library:
Alice 19th: Unrequited Love volume 4 by Yu Watase, 2004. Published by Viz Media.
I absolutely love  this series and cannot believe that I'm nearly done with it. I'll be re-checking out volume 1 as soon as I finish the series and then reviewing it.

Angel (Maximum Ride, 7) by James Patterson, 2011. Published by Little Brown Books for Children.
I don't know what possessed me to check out Angel. I loved the first three books in the series, but haven't been to impressed with the latter books.

Well that is all for me this week in books. I am really excited about most of the books that I got this week. *coughexceptforAngelcough*
Hope ya'll have had just as great of a week in books. =)

News/Updates:
My good friend Ren of All By MySHELF is hosting her first readathon, the Read Dangerously Read-a-Thon, in August and sign-ups are now open.
You also still have time to cast your vote for Vintage Reads book for August. To see the options (theme is books featuring male protagonists) and vote go -> HERE.
Lastly, I have recently updated my contact and review policy page. I think it looks a lot better...and a whole lot shorter. =)

Around the blog this past week-
Review: Lulu Dark Can See Through Walls by Bennett Madison (4 out of 5 pineapples).
Manga Thursday Review: Amazing Agent Luna omnibus 2 by Nunzio DeFilippis and Christina Weir (5 out of 5 pineapples). 
Teaser Tuesday: This weeks teaser is from Lulu Dark Can See Through Walls.
Wish List Wednesday: I'm wishing for...Lulu Dark and the Summer of the Fox & 13th Boy 1 by SangEun Lee. 

Comments

  1. Nerd Girls's cover is so cute! And Angel looks awesome. I hope you enjoy all you got! Here's my IMM if you want to check it out! Happy reading!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)
    old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a nice assortment this week. I hope you enjoy all of them. My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting us know about the readathon, I'll have to go check out the dates. I'm always up for another one!
    Looks like you got some awesome books! I've been thinking about reading the James Patterson books but who knows if it'll ever happen. That's too bad you weren't impressed with the latter books :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set! I want to check out the Alice 19th series.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a nice list of books in your mailbox this week. Nerd Girls looks like a good book.
    Happy Reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts