Vintage Reads: July's Winning Book is...

 Wow! June went by so quickly! I was so caught up in re-reading all the Harry Potter books that the month slipped by without me reading June's pick, Lulu Dark Can See Through Walls, which I'll try to tackle this weekend.

I'll stop keeping ya'll in suspense and tell you which book, voted on by YOU, will be read and reviewed by me this month on the blog.
And it is....

 The Secret Country by Pamela Dean.
Here's why ya'll though I should read it.

Trish @ Just a YA Girl:
I actually never read this one. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is really famous, but I'm sure this book is just as good. Since I've never read it. I'm curious.
Natalie @ Independent Reads:
I read the first one and already loved it so... I'm interested in the book by Dean.
Linda Hawley:
Because I've never read it!  : )
Because I can, I'm going to include why ya'll thought I should've read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis as well.
Michelle @ The True Book Addict:
One of my favorites, but have never read a full review of it.  Would be interesting!
I would also like to extend a BIG thank you to everyone who voted this month, and to those who have suggested themes for August.
Suggested themes for August are: Vampires for next month? Don't pick twilight lol. (from Natalie); and Time travel! (from Trish @ Just a YA Girl). Ya'll can vote in the comments for which ya'll think should be the theme for next month.

Comments

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts