In My Mailbox (94) The Sci-Fi & Fantasy Edition

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.
Review:
Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes by Jonathan Auxier, August 1, 2011. Published by Amulet Books.
When Peter Nimble came in the mail I couldn't resist sampling the first few pages, and oh my gosh, so good. Cannot wait to dive into the rest of the book. Thank you to Jonathan Auxier for kindly sending me an ARC of his book.
Prophecy of the Guardian (Guardian of the Seventh Realm, 1) by J.W. Baccaro, 2010. Published by Whiskey Creek Press.
I haven't had a chance to sample the first few pages of Prophecy of the Guardian, but it sounds like a highly interesting read and I'm looking forward to delving into it when I get a chance. Thank you to J.W. Baccaro for kindly sending me a copy of both the first and second book in the series of his books.
Siege of Darkness (Guardian of the Seveth Realm, 2) by J.W. Baccaro, 2011. Published by Whiskey Creek Press.
The cover is kinda frightful, but it sounds really good. Again, thank you to author J.W. Baccaro for both copies.
Library:
Alichino 1 by Kouyu Shurei, 2005. Published by Tokyopop.
I plan on reading Alichino later today. I'm not to sure why I picked up this manga, but I'm hoping that it won't disappoint.   

I do believe that this is all for me this week in books. I hope ya'll have had an awesome week as well.

Wishing ya'll a safe and fun 4th of July weekend. =)

On the blog this week:
Review(s)- Secret, Silent Screams by Joan Lowery Nixon (a 5 pineapple read)
Amnesia Labyrinth volume 1 by Nagaru Tanigawa & Natsumi Kohane (a 4 pineapple read)
Teaser Tuesday- Secret, Silent Screams by Joan Lowery Nixon.
Wishing for- Whispers of the Dead by Joan Lowery Nixon and Love*Com 1 by Aya Nakahara 
Miscellaneous posting- Latest press release for Seventh Star Press + cover for The Seventh Throne by Stepehn Zimmer.
Winning book for Vintage Reads in July (Secret Country by Pamela Dean). Also, please vote on the poll on the left-hand side of my blog for next months theme.

Comments

  1. Peter Nimble looks SOOOO good!

    Happy reading :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great IMM this week! I'll have to check into some of these a little more! Thanks! :)

    My IMM is here:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set! I haven't heard of Alichino. I'll have to look it up. Peter Nimble sounds really cute.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent heard of any of those before, but they look super interesting. Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts