In My Mailbox (61)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Contest:
The Nightmarys by Dan Poblocki, 2010.
Timothy July has been having nightmares. About his brother, who is in a coma after being wounded in Iraq; about his best friend, Stuart, who is behaving like a jerk; about the old biology specimens in jars lining the walls of his classroom; and about Abigail, the new girl who seems to be a magnet for trouble. Or perhaps she is the cause.

Suddenly Timothy’s nightmares are coming true. His brother, his face decaying, approaches Timothy on the street. Stuart ends up in the hospital, terrified that monsters are stalking him. And the specimen jars are tormenting not only Timothy but his teacher as well.

What is the secret in Abigail’s past that is the key to these horrors? And can Timothy figure it out before his nightmares become a deadly reality?
Oh my gosh! I could not believe it when I found out that I had won The Nightmarys. I had been working towards getting enough buzz bucks from Random Buzzers to get this book, now I own it. I'm so excited and cannot wait to read it.

The Nightmarys was won from Morgan of Books and Literature for Teens. Thanks, Morgan.

Review:
Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure (Zan-Gah, 1) by Allan Richard Shickman, 2007.
The hero, Zan-Gah seeks his lost twin in a savage prehistoric world, encountering suffering, captivity, conflict, love, and triumph. In three years, Zan-Gah passes from an uncertain boyhood to a tried and proven manhood and a position of leadership among his people. Themes: survival, cultures, gender roles, psychological trauma, nature's wonders and terrors.



Zan-Gah and the Beautiful Country (Zan-Gah, 2) by Allan Richard Shickman, 2009.
The prehistoric saga continues in Zan-Gah and the Beautiful Country, the sequel to the award winning Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure. In this story, Zan s troubled twin brother, Dael, having suffered greatly during his earlier captivity, receives a ruinous new shock when his wife suddenly dies. Disturbed and traumatized, all of his manic energies explode into acts of hostility and bloodshed. His obsession is the destruction of the wasp men, his first captors, who dwell in the Beautiful Country. When he, Zan-Gah, and a band of adventurers trek to their bountiful home, they find that all of the wasp people have died in war or of disease. The Beautiful Country is empty for the taking, and Zan s people, the Ba-Coro, decide to migrate and resettle there. But the Noi, Dael s cruelest enemies and former tormentors, make the same migration from their desert home, and the possibility develops of contention and war over this rich and lovely new land.

I thought Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure and Zan-Gah and the Beautiful Country both sounded like interesting books and so when I was asked if I wanted a chance to review them I said yes. Can't wait to start them.

Thanks to Bonnie of Earthshaker Books.

Library:
Vampire Knight, VOL 4 by Matsuri Hino, 2008.
Zero warns Yuki to stay away from Maria Kurenai, the new Night Class transfer student, although he won't tell Yuki why. Kaname is also wary, and he sends Ichijo to watch Maria so she doesn't start trouble. Who is this girl, and why does she have the entire Night Class on edge
Vampire Knight, VOL 5 by Matsuri Hino, 2008.
Zero is suspected of killing Shizuka Hio, the pureblood vampire who murdered his family. Incensed, the vampire senate sends assassins to Cross Academy to execute him. Will the Night Class intervene, or will Kaname let Zero take the fall?
I was really hoping that VOL 3 would come in, but I think that the last person that checked it out must have lost it or something because it was marked as long overdue and then there was more information about it. Oh well, guess I'll just read about VOL 3 online.

Death of a Village (Hamish Macbeth, 19) by M.C. Beaton, 2003.
Trouble is afoot in a Scottish fishing village as Constable Macbeth finds the pub empty, the church full, and the air permeated with fear. With the help of a journalist, Macbeth begins to ferret out the truth.
Since I loved the last M.C. Beaton book I read I decided to give her other mystery series a shot. Only problem is I checked out book 19 first instead of book 1, hope they're more like individual stories with little continuation between books.

Well, that's it for me this week in books. Hope y'all have had an awesome book week too.

Comments

  1. All of the books look great! I haven't heard of most of them but will look them up.
    Happy reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great week in books for you! you've got lots of great reading ahead! hope you enjoy them all! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some different books than the rest of the IMMs..have a great reading..here is IMM:http://basma-aal.blogspot.com/2010/10/in-my-mailbox-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab looking books. Enjoy your reading week! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some interesting reads there this week and I hope you have loads of fun as you read them. Nightmarys sounds good but that cover scares me a little. Enjoy

    Come by and see my experimental IMMB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should be getting Zan Gah for review soon too. I'm looking forward to them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts