In My Mailbox (63)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Library:
Pirates! The True and Remarkable Adventures of Minerva Sharpe and Nancy Kington, Female Pirates by Celia Rees, 2003.


Nancy Kington, a wealthy merchant's daughter living in Bristol, England in the early 1700's, is sometimes lonely but enjoys the privileges her father's business brings. Minerva Sharpe is a penniless slave's daughter living and working on the Kington's Jamaican plantation. These two young women, united through a set of extraordinary circumstances including a brutal murder, an arranged marriage, and set of ruby earrings, find themselves sailing the high seas in search of love, adventure and freedom—as pirates!
I finished reading Pirates yesterday on the way to the Scott Westerfeld signing (which was a ton of fun) and was this one amazing book. I totally recommend it if you haven't read it yet.

Love*Com (Lovely*Complex, VOL 2) by Aya Nakahara, 2001.
Risa's getting really confused about her feelings for Ôtani--she doesn't know if she wants to help him get back together with his ex-girlfriend or keep him all to herself!

Love*Com (Lovely*Complex, VOL 3) by Aya Nakahara, 2001.
A new student starts out as Risa's rival for love, but ends up proving how important it is ...more Risa Koizumi
is the tallest girl in class, and the last thing she wants is the humiliation of standing next to Atsushi Otani, the shortest guy. Fate and the whole school have other ideas, and the two find themselves cast as the unwilling stars of a bizarre romantic comedy.
A new student starts out as Risa's rival for love, but ends up proving how important it is to be honest with yourself!

Love*Com (Lovely*Complex, VOL 4) by Aya Nakahara, 2001.
Risa has finally realized that she has feelings for Ôtani, and can't wait to confess her love. But dense Ôtani won't take her hints! With the help of all their friends and a romantic beach vacation, can Risa get her affections past his thick head?
I picked up Love*Com one the other week on a whim and loved it so much that I immediately put VOLs 2-4 (the only other VOLs they have, so sad) on request. The thing I love about this series is that it's soo funny. It's another series that I would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys reading mangas or is looking for a light and quick read.

Used Bookstore:
Ouran High School Host Club, VOL 3-10 by Bisco Hatori, 2005.
I could not believe my luck when I saw that the used bookstore had nearly the whole entire series (now I just seven more VOLs). I absolutely love this series, so I'm thrilled that I was able to get eight VOLs at half off their normal selling price. *yay for me*

 
I do believe that that is it for me in books this week (I already have next weeks lineup of books all ready and just waiting to be recorded). Hope y'all have had a great week in books.


 

Comments

  1. I ♥ Love*Com!!! It might just be my favorite manga EVER. =O
    Ouran High is really good too! Looking forward to borrowing the rest of the series from you. ;) Hope you enjoy them all! ^_^
    Happy reading! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lucky on The Host Club, it's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, HOST CLUB!! I loved the anime! Really need to make the time to read the manga (I miss you Kyouya! <3)

    *ahem* Great manga this week! =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts