Vampire Kisses

Author: Ellen Schreiber
Title: Vampire Kisses1
Series: Vampire Kisses (book 1)
Number of Pages: 208
Publication Date: 2003
Genre: YA/Fantasy/Romance
Synopsis: "In her small town, dubbed "Dullsville," sixteen-year-old Raven — a vampire-crazed goth-girl — is an outcast. But not for long... The intriguing and rumored-to-be haunted mansion on top of Benson Hill has stood vacant and boarded-up for years. That is, until its mysteriously strange new occupants move in. Who are these creepy people — especially the handsome, dark, and elusive Alexander Sterling? Or rather, what are they? Could the town prattle actually ring true? Are they vampires? Raven, who secretly covets a vampire kiss, both at the risk of her own mortality and Alexander's loving trust, is dying to uncover the truth."

I'd like to thank Dahlia for letting me borrow Vampire Kisses.
I found Vampire Kisses to be a delightfully light vampire read. Even though the main character was "A vampire crazed goth-girl".
I liked the character Raven a lot in the first half of the book, but somewhere in the middle she started to grate on my nerves a bit with her obsession on proving that Alexander and his family were vampires and then wanting to make it a known fact.
While I usually don't enjoy reading about the wrecking of a characters social life, I think Trevor got exactly what he deserved in the end of the book and I couldn't feel even the slightest bit sorry for him.
Favorite part(s) of the book might have been the second time that Raven broke into the mansion and her revenge against Trevor.
Vampire Kisses was definitely one of the better vampire books that I have read of late. The only thing I would have changed about the book would be that I would have added more action and less of Raven pining to become a vampire.
Other than that I would certainly re-read Vampire Kisses and look forward to reading the second book in the series

Vampire Kisses earns 4 out of 5 pineapples.
Orchid
_________________________________________________________________________________
1. Vampire Kisses was borrowed from Dahlia.

Comments

  1. Great review! I loved this book, I'm also looking forward to reading the sequel. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I feel like me and every other person who likes this is reading a different book. I *hate* the Vampire Kisses series. In fact, I hardly got through the first one without throwing it across the room.

    *sigh* I guess it's good someone enjoys it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dannie: The one book I really felt like throwing this year was Dramarama, but one of my friends really liked it. Go figure. To each his/her own I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got approximately half a chapter into Vampire Kisses before deciding Raven's habit of screaming everything and bragging about how goth she was grated on me.

    But then again, I have to admire the publisher for that wonderful line of deathless prose in the blurb: "its mysteriously strange new occupants". That's like saying Raven is "gothically gothic" or chocolate is "yummily delicious".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't decide on this book. I'm sure if I saw it sitting in front of me at the library I'd grab it, but I think I might wait to see what's said about the second book before I dive in.

    Thanks for the review, even though I'm not sure where I stand with the book still it was a very helpful review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts