A House Like A Lotus

Author: Madeleine L'Engle
Title: A House Like A Lotus1
Series: O'Keefe Family (book 3)
Number of Pages: 308
Publication Date: 1984
Genre: YA
Synopsis: "While working at a conference in Cyprus, sixteen-year-old Polly tries to come to terms with the emotionally tumultuous events preceding her arrival on the island and her relationships with old and new friends."

I don't know if I have said this before, but I absolutely adore Madeleine L'Engle's writing and her characters.
My absolute favorite part of A House Like A Lotus was how the story unfolded about why Polly was mad at her friend Max.
The only character of hers that I just cannot stand would have to be Zachary Grey. Which is a bad thing since he pops up in both The Austin and O'Keefe series.
I truly had the hardest time putting down this book because I just wanted to know why Polly was mad at Max.
One of the things I liked the most about this book was the descriptions for all the places that the main character visited. It really brought the story to life.
Another thing that draws me to Madeleine L'Engle's books is that there's rarely any foul language, plus it's nice to read a book where the family is not broken up by divorce and where the parents actually get along.
I would definitely re-read this book again. Now if only I could find a copy of it first to add to my collection. :)

A House Like A Lotus earns 5 out of 5 pineapples.
Orchid2
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1.  A House Like A Lotus  was borrowed from the library.
2. Sorry I haven't posted all week, but when my computer was on the fritz I lost Itunes. Which means I have spent all this week working on re-loading the software and adding songs. I'm still not done.

Comments

  1. Hey, just wanted to let you know you have an a award at my blog:
    http://blackandblueink.blogspot.com/2009/12/awards-dont-you-just-love-em.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. WillowRaven: OMZ! I am so sorry, but I accidentally hit reject on your comment. Totally wasn't paying attention when I clicked the button. Thanks for dropping a comment though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this author too. Nice review. I agree. I'm happy to see someone with parents still happily married and a nice family/home life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts