Spinning Pages (4) All Fall Down/Masayume Chasing


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 




I am really excited about this week's Spinning Pages as I was struck by inspiration at eleven pm last night. I won't keep y'all in the dark for long, today's book is by one of my favorite authors and the song is from one of my favorite shows.

Until late last night, I had no idea what book or song would be featured this week. *enter lack of sleep inspiration* If you've watched some of the latter seasons of Fairy Tail, or maybe listened to some of BoA's music, then you may be familiar with the song Masayume Chasing. The moment the song popped into my head, I immediately thought of Grace from Ally Carter's All Fall Down. So many of the lyrics spoke to me of Grace's troubled past and her struggles to find the truth.

Masayume Chasing by BoA
As I chase my dream, I got lost deep in the forest of my heart.
Clearer than a mirror,the spring reflected a warped smile.

These tears that I have shed (Don't Cry), were neither gold nor silver.
Those commonly seen tears (Fall From My Eyes), but the goddess won't even notice.
When I close your eyes, and cleared up my ears, I can hear a faint voice.
At a forest where there should be nobody around, I look up towards the blue sky.

I shall never return (Good Bye) to the poison named loneliness.
The sweetly scented flowers (Fill up the sky) shall bloom in this world.
(translated lyrics taken from Anime Lyrics dot Com)

If you have been reading Embassy Row, then you are familiar with Grace's story. Especially if you have finished it; I'm reading the third one right now, which might explain why this series is running through my brain right now. I really don't want to spoil the books for y'all, but these lyrics really, at least to me, speak so much to Grace's story and all that she is dealing with. So much so that I need to find some extra time to finish Take the Key and Lock Her Up to see how it all plays out! 

Need further convincing on why you should read Embassy Row, then check out my review of All Fall Down.




Comments

Popular Posts