Teaser Tuesday: The Hound of the Baskervilles

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB of Books And A Beat. To participate, simply do the following: Grab your current read Open to a random page Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser is taken from The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Enjoy!

The Hound of the Baskervilles (Sherlock Holmes, 5) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle-
He burst into one of his rare fits of laughter as he turned away from the picture. I have not heard him laugh often, and it has always boded ill to somebody.
“My dear Watson, you were born to be a man of action. Your instinct is always to do something energetic.” 
"I will do my best."
"You have arms, I suppose?"
"Yes, I thought it as well to take them."
"Most certainly. Keep your revolver with you night and day, and never relax your precautions."

I could honestly have selected at least ten more quotes from The Hound of the Baskervilles but decided to limit myself to three. Need some convincing on why you should read Sherlock, then check out my review. You want, no need, to read this one!!


Comments

Popular Posts