Spinning Pages (3): The Hound of the Baskervilles/Growl


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 






After reading The Hound of the Baskervilles, I just knew that it would have to be paired with a song. The only question that remained was which song fit the book. A question that was answered quicker than I imagined possible. 

If you have read the book, then you might see the connection between the lyrics from EXO's Growl and my reasoning for pairing them with the fifth Sherlock Holmes novel.

Growl by EXO
I’m warning you just in case (listen carefully)
It’s dangerous now (so dangerous)
Stop provoking me (there’s going to be trouble)
I don’t even know myself

My breath keeps on stopping
You walk towards me
You smile at me
Maybe you’re attracted to me too

My sights become dark
When you stare at me
The sound of your breathing
You’re the one that makes me crazy
(translated lyrics from Kpop Lyrics)

To me, it fits the atmosphere of the The Hound of the Baskervilles as well as some of the hints that were laid out as to who or what was behind the deaths of the Baskervilles. It also makes me think of the final showdown that will either save Henry Baskerville or lead to the final heirs death. 

If you need another reason to read The Hound of the Baskervilles, then look no further as I reviewed it earlier this week. Trust me, between the witty banter between Sherlock and Watson, the atmospheric setting, and the mystery, you do NOT want to miss out on reading this one. 

            

Comments

Popular Posts