I Want to Read It (42): No Such Person



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the one's I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.




No Such Person by Caroline B. Cooney, July 14, 2015. Published by Delacorte Press. Source: gifted/need to read.
Miranda and Lander Allerdon are sisters. Miranda is younger, a dreamer, and floating her way through life. Lander is older, focused, and determined to succeed. As the girls and their parents begin another summer at their cottage on the Connecticut River, Miranda and Lander’s sibling rivalry is in high gear. Lander plans to start medical school in the fall, and Miranda feels cast in her shadow.
When the Allerdons become entangled in an unimaginable tragedy, the playing field is suddenly leveled. As facts are revealed, the significance of what has happened weighs heavily on all. How can the family prepare for what the future may hold?

Why

I am terrible! I was gifted an early copy of No Such Person by the lovely Anya and never had an opportunity to read it! The worst part being that Caroline B. Cooney is one of my all-time favorite authors! 

I have been a huge fan of Caroline B. Cooney's work for years and years. I don't think there has been a single book of hers that I have read and not loved to pieces. So, I of course am excited to dive back into her wonderful writing. The mysteries she writes are some of my favorites; if you take away the detectives, they remind me of Agatha Christie (another of my favorite authors)

Does not this sounds like an intriguing read! Sibling rivalry and tragedy. I'm getting excited just writing this post! *peeks at all the "currently" reading books...'sighs'...*
  

Comments

Popular Posts