I Want to Read It (43): Calling on Dragons



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the one's I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.



Calling on Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, 3) by Patricia C. Wrede, illustrated by Peter de Sève, March 1, 2003 (originally published in 1993). 244 pages. Published by HMH Books for Young Readers. Source: Wishlist.
"We need to see King Mendanbar and Queen Cimorene right away. . . ."
They're back! Except Princess Cimorene is now Queen Cimorene of the Enchanted Forest, and she is on a very important mission with Kazul the dragon king, Morwen the witch, Telemain the magician, two cats, and a blue, flying donkey-rabbit named Killer. It's not going to be easy. 
The wizards have become very smart (sort of) and have found a way to capture the most powerful source of magic in the Enchanted Forest --- King Mendanbar's sword. If the sword is not returned to the forest in due time, the forest will begin to die. And you can bet your last dragon scale that Cimorene won't stand for that!
Why

Because after the way Searching for Dragons ended...seriously, I am in desperate need of more Cimorene and Mendanbar and their adventures. I can honestly say this, the ending kind of took me by surprise, so, I really cannot wait to read the further adventures that befall them.

Have you read The Enchanted Forest Chronicles? What did you think of them?


Comments

Popular Posts