Wolverine and the X-men

One of the things that tends to get me really excited is.... comics. I know it might seem a bit weird, but I really do enjoy just about anything that has to do with comic books. Be it comics turned into movies or TV shows.
Which means I am really looking forward to the latest X-men cartoon. My only hope is that it is better then the original X-men show that now occasionally shows on Toon Disney.

The latest X-men show will be called Wolverine and the X-men and will be playing on Nicktoons Network, with it's premiere in January of 2009.


I'll leave you with the synopsis of the show plus the trailer.

"After the mansion explodes, apparently due to an attack targeted at telepaths, Professor Charles Xavier and Jean Grey are missing. The X-Men disband and Cyclops begins to suffer from depression. One year later, the MRD (Mutant Response Division) is starting to detain mutants causing Wolverine and Beast to get the X-Men back together. Iceman, Shadowcat and Forge rejoin the team. Rogue joins up with the Brotherhood. The X-Mansion is rebuilt with Angel's wealth. Emma Frost is able to locate a comatose Charles on Genosha in the care of Magneto. On hearing this, Cyclops returns to the team and X-Men go to Genosha to find Professor X. After a short battle with Magneto, they are allowed to take Professor X back with them to the X-Mansion. Professor X contacts the X-Men telepathically from twenty years into the future and informs Wolverine that he is to lead the X-Men if they wish to successfully save the world from The Sentinel Project and prevent the Brotherhood of Mutants and the Acolytes from taking over the world before the future ends up being dominated by Sentinels."


Dame Orchid

Comments

  1. I can't wait till that show premiers. Wasn't there another X-Men show that was half-decent? Sometimes in the 90s. Actually, I think the artwork was even similar to the new show.

    Again, can't wait. It looks waaay better than the Toon Disney one. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was called X-men Evolution. Which played from 2000 to 2003.

    ReplyDelete
  3. X-men is scaring me right now, (I told you I'm weird)
    Did you used to watch The Powerpuff Girls? Or how about the cartoon of Mary-Kate and Ashley? I used to watch them very rarely, and so I used to love them. I really miss Courage The Cowardly Dog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this mean you're looking forward to the new X-Men movie? Out in May? *yells from rooftops*

    Plus. Thank you for checking out the Maelstrom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Irregular Kiki: I did watch a few episodes of The Powerpuff Girls.

    Aella: Yes, I am really looking forward to the new X-men movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. X-men kicks serious butt.

    Plus, love your blog. Never had a profile to say that before =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts