Evil Little Shoes

As Christmas Eve draws near I am preparing for the pain which I know will be in my future. Every year on Christmas Eve my family and I attend midnight mass, except this years midnight mass isn't at midnight it's at nine (but they still call it midnight mass). Every time we go I am forced to wear high heels (which I hate). Last week I got three bad blisters on both of my feet and they still hurt.

So I've decided to put a list of reasons for and against wearing high heels (plus a picture of the pair that gave me blisters).
"Reasons for not wearing high-heels include:
they can cause foot pain
they can create foot deformities, including hammertoes and bunions
they can cause an unsteady gait
they can shorten the wearer's stride
they can render the wearer unable to run
altered forces at the knee caused by walking in high-heels may predispose to degenerative changes in the knee joint

Women who wear high heels frequently have a higher incidence of degenerative joint disease of the knees. This is because they cause a decrease in the normal rotation of the foot which puts more rotation stress on the knee
Podiatrists often comment that 75 percent of their business is caused by females wearing tall high heeled shoes.

Reasons for wearing high-heels, which are almost exclusively aesthetic, include:
they change the angle of the foot with respect to the lower leg, which accentuates the appearance of calves
they change the wearer's posture, requiring a more upright carriage and altering the gait in what is considered a seductive fashion
they make the wearer appear taller
they make the legs appear longer
they make the foot appear smaller
they make the lower leg muscles more defined while wearing tight pants
they make the wearer look flexibly strong."
Even after reading why some people wear high heels, it still doesn't make me want to go and wear my heels every single day. I am just fine with wearing them maybe two to three times a year (no more than that).

Dame Orchid

Comments

  1. WITH REASONS LIKE THAT I NEVER WANT TO WEAR HIGH HEELS AGAIN (EVER). BUT THOSE ARE REALLY CUTE SHOES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heels don't really bother me. I mastered walking in heels when I was about 12 and had to wear them to church or something.
    I find that I walk very well in heels. Actually, I don't just walk in heels, I glide. Victor from Miss Congeniality would be proud. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really "glide", but I don't fall all over myself either, so, aside from pain and the fact that it is incredibly hard to find a cute pair of size nine and half heals, I don't really have a problem with them. My favorites are sling backs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! the shoes r really cute;D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts