Plastic Wars Part 2

The other day I gave you my thoughts on Barbie Vs Bratz. Now, after reading an article on the judges ruling (you can read it below) that MGA will not have to remove the dolls from stores until after the holiday season, I think they should be pulled off the shelves sooner. Sure, there are probably children out there who would be devastated if they didn't receive the toy that they really want. But come on, if you do something wrong, your punishment should begin immediately. Not after you earn more money by selling your banned product! That's not how the system is supposed to work.

I would also like to thank everyone who posted their thoughts on this subject.
While everyone brought up excellent points, I do disagree with one thing. I never thought that Bratz hair or clothes were 'cool' or better looking than Barbie's. Even though I can see how they could be more appealing to the younger generation, since they are shorter and more 'child' like, I guess.

"On December 3, 2008, U.S. District Judge Stephen Larson banned MGA from selling Bratz. He allowed the company to continue selling the dolls until the winter holiday season ended. The ruling will be in effect on February 11, 2009 at the earliest, and Mattel and MGA will meet in court on that date. According to the terms of the court order, after the end of the holiday season, MGA must remove, at its own cost, all the Bratz dolls from store shelves, including the reimbursement of the cost of the dolls and all shipping costs to its vendors and distributors. The court gave exceptions for some toys if they are packaged separately from infringing toys. MGA announced that it would be appealing against the court's ruling."

I swear, this is the last you will hear about this from me.
Dame Orchid

Comments

  1. I'm not sure I agree with you about pulling Bratz off the shelves before Christmas. I mean, you gotta figure that a million little kids have finished their wish lists by now and are probably expecting a Bratz doll or two, and it would be a little unfair to cheat them out of it like that.
    Just think of how sad you would have been if something you wanted for Christmas as a child was pulled off the shelves when you were just 3 weeks shy of getting it.
    But Bratz are still trashy. XP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dahlia. It would have been mean to all the kids that wanted Bratz if they were taken away right before Christmas. I still don't like Bratz though. Thay're tacky. :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts