Something Rotten

It took me one day to finish Something Rotten and about a week to get around to writing the review (sorry). I would have had this up sooner but I have gotten hooked on Guitar Hero.

Something Rotten is the first of the Horatio Wilkes Mystery series by Alan Gratz.


Before I had even read the book I already knew how it would end, having already read Hamlet. Horatio was one of those characters that just makes you laugh with his witty sarcasm. My favorite line in the book was when Horatio said, "Personally, I'm a little tired of every author putting a modern spin on a "classic". I also enjoyed the play on names used by Alan Gratz (i.e. Ford N. Branff for Fortinbras).

Ally Carter, one of my all time favorite authors, is hosting a live chat that will cover Something Rotten on December 30th (Something Rotten is Ally's pick for her book club). For more information on the live chat visit Ally Diary.


"Denmark, Tennessee, stinks. The smell hits Horatio Wilkes the moment he pulls into town to visit his best friend, Hamilton Prince. And it's not just the paper plant and the polluted river that's stinking up Denmark: Hamilton's father has been poisoned and the killer is still at large. Why? Because nobody believes that Rex Prince was murdered. Nobody except Horatio and Hamilton. Now they need to find the killer, but it won't be easy. It seems like everyone in Denmark is a suspect. Motive, means, opportunity- they all have them. But who among them has committed murder most foul?"

I give this book 4 out of 5 cameo pendents.
Dame Orchid

Comments

  1. I loved that book. I think I might buy it in January when it's released in paperback. I really, really, really want to read Something Wicked!
    I can't wait for the chat with Ally and Alan. I'm sooo excited!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. great book. I read it twice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts