Teaser Tuesday: Apartment 1986


Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB of Books And A Beat. To participate, simply do the following: Grab your current read Open to a random page Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser is taken from Apartment 1986 by Lisa Papademetriou. Enjoy!

Apartment 1986 by Lisa Papademetriou-
"Cassius," my grandmother repeats. "What an elegant name."
    "It's the greatest," Cassius says, and his black eyes sparkle and my grandmother laughs as if this is a joke and a part of me wonders whether I am missing something and I have to just add that it is kind of a little bit annoying to think that maybe my grandmother is getting a joke that I am not.




I am disappointed to say that this book was not half as good as I was hoping it would be. It had a lot of potential to be interesting but just could not follow through. Cassius' character is the only reason I finished reading it.

Want to know why Apartment 1986 ended up being a disappointment, then check out my full review.


Comments

Popular Posts