Spinning Pages (26): If the Witness Lied


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 




This week on Spinning Pages takes into the mystery surrounding the death of the Fountain children's father as they try to piece together the truth and mend their relationships after all their losses. This book is incredible, not just because Caroline B. Cooney is one of my favorite authors because she so deftly weaves the mystery and turmoil the kids faced as their tragedies were exploited. 

It took a road trip and placing my music library on shuffle to find the perfect song for If the Witness Lied. I could not be happier to be pairing a book by a favorite author with a song by my favorite singer. 

The Storm by Garth Brooks-
She's drowning in emotions
And she cannot
Reach the shore
She's alive but
Can she survive the storm?


A broken jewel box dancer
Lies in pieces down the hall
She's finding out the answers
Don't change nothing at all
It's time that
She stopped searching
For who's to blame or
What went wrong
The only thing
For certain is he's gone
She's got to move on
As I mentioned in my review of Caroline B. Cooney's If the Witness Lied, this book is wrought with emotional tension as the three elder Fountain children attempt to discover the truth about what happened the day their father died. For me, this song fits perfect for the feelings of each of the children, with the exception of Tris as he's too young, and how that lose nearly broke them.

If you get a chance to listen to the song, do it!! I highly recommend this song because it's haunting and just really good. I really wish you could listen to the audio for it, but the only place you can is through Amazon and only a 30-second clip.

You can see just why Caroline B. Cooney's If the Witness Lied was such an incredible, and impossible to put down, book to read by checking out my review!!

Comments

Popular Posts