I Want to Read It (70): A Tale of Highly Unusual Magic



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be-read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the ones, I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.



A Tale of Highly Unusual Magic by Lisa Papademetriou, October 6, 2015. Published by HarperCollins. Source: TBR.
Kai and Leila are both finally having an adventure. For Leila, that means a globe-crossing journey to visit family in Pakistan for the summer; for Kai, it means being stuck with her crazy great-aunt in Texas while her mom looks for a job. In each of their bedrooms, they discover a copy of a blank, old book called The Exquisite Corpse. Kai writes three words on the first page—and suddenly, they magically appear in Leila's copy on the other side of the planet. Kai's words are soon followed by line after line of the long-ago, romantic tale of Ralph T. Flabbergast and his forever-love, Edwina Pickle. As the two take turns writing, the tale unfolds, connecting both girls to each other, and to the past, in a way they never could have imagined.

Why

Even though I was not a fan of the last book of Lisa Papademetriou's, I am willing to give her writing another chance. In a stroke of luck, I happen to have a copy of this one, that I received for review consideration, waiting in my (never shrinking) tbr at home.

I rather like the idea of this book, of the two characters being connected through an old book even though they are on opposite sides of the world. I really looking forward to seeing how she'll weave their two stories together with that of the tale from history.

Have you read Lisa Papademetriou's A Tale of Highly Unusual Magic? What did you think of it??

Comments

Popular Posts