Spinning Pages (27): National Geographic Kids Almanac


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 




This week on Spinning Pages takes us straight into Nat Geo's 2018 Kids Almanac, where you can find all sorts of interesting information covering a ton of topics. It is actually worth checking out and a fascinating book to read section by section.

Initially, I was not going to feature this book on Spinning Pages. I was just not sure that there was a song that could be paired with, well, an Almanac, you know! Yet, as I was drafting future posts for the blog, a movie popped into my head which then reminded me of a certain song that would go with this book!!


Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf-
Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never wanna die

Born to be wild
Born to be wild



Given that the cover features a shark, doesn't Steppenwolf's Born to be Wild fit perfectly!! Cover aside, I chose this song because the lyrics felt oh so right for a book that covers a wide range of topics. From new discoveries in the world of technology, history, and science as well as the sections on animals and the environment.

Not convinced that National Geographic Kids Almanac 2018 is worth checking out, then hop on over to my review to see why you should really give it a chance!!

If you're not familiar with Steppenwolf's Born to be Wild, then you are in luck because I've included the audio track that I found on the Youtube!!


Comments

Popular Posts