Spinning Pages (25): Apartment 1986/No More Dream


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 





You should know by now that pretty much 95% of the songs used in this feature are going to be my favorite...okay! What can I say, I'm a music junkie and pairing them with books is really enjoyable. 

This week on Spinning Pages takes into the heart of New York City as Callie finds herself on the slippery slope of cutting school and how it can be difficult to start again. Along the way she makes a new friend and finds a new appreciation for her city and art.

No Mercy by BTS-
Why aren’t you saying anything?
You don’t wanna study
but you’re scared to quit school?
See, you’re already getting ready for school
Please grow up, you’re all talk dude,
you have a glass mentality, boy
(Stop) Ask yourself if you’ve ever
worked hard for anything

Hey you, what’s your dream?
Hey you, what’s your dream?
Hey you, what’s your dream?
Is that all your dream is?

(English lyrics are from Color Coded Lyrics)
In a weird sense, this song is perfect for Callie as she is currently struggling in school and decides to take an extended, unplanned, vacation from school. Not just in the missing school sense does BTS' No More Dream work, it also works in that she does not know what she really wants; it also works for her parents as they moved to New York for her father's 'dream' and things, well, they are not going that great. 

While I may not have loved this book, there was one thing that kept me reading till the end...if you want to see why I did finish reading Apartment 1986, as well as my full thoughts on it, then hop on over to my full review. 

You can also listen to one of my favorite BTS songs by watching the music video for their song No More Dream!! You know you want to!!

Comments

Popular Posts